NJC 2007 Midwest/East - Chicago

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
I'd like to get something going by way of a midwest/eastern NetworkJC for this year. However, I'm not sure doug and I will be able to make it as I have to help some family in March and doug may be going to training anywhere between March and May....

So, give us an idea of what dates you'd like to meet in chicago and we'll see if we can make it an NJC type event vs a very large meet and greet! :)

btw, check out the NetworkJC 2007 forum in the JC Events area...the Vegas dates have been finalized.

Blues Fest would be a great time of year. The weather is usually good and it would make for some great socializing.

so, there have been 115 views of the post already but only 8 have posted poll...

is that indicitive as to how many might actually show up at the Chicago function?

Put me down for a definite. I love Chicago and I'm just down the road in St. Louis. I haven't voted just on the fact that it doesn't matter to me and I don't wanna vote against something that might work for someone else. As I'm typing this that sounds stupid so I'll vote. lol I swear I'm not drunk even though I'm acting it.

i do have it so you can vote multiple times in the poll...you don't have to choose any one particular weekend and you could choose all if they all work for you...what i'm looking for is concensus on who all would be coming and what's the better weekend...

i haven't seen anything on the chicago websites about groundhogs parties! not sure i could plan that fast anyways cuz it's only 2-3 weeks away! but if others want to put groundhogs weekend on there, then by all means, lets add it.

Yeah, Blues Fest is free, it used to be held at Grant Park but I think it moved to Millinuem Park just on the lakefront next to The Loop (downtown).

Cubs games are also fun, it shouldn't be too hard to get a block of tickets if you jump on it sooner rather than later. We used to rent out sections in bars and it was something like 10-30 bucks per person which inluded beer and apps. My buddy had his birthday party at a bar last year and it was 30 bucks all you can drink with the apps. I know some other options for the under 21 crowd where they do serve alcohol but the young-uns can get in as well. I'm not much help for hotels, but I can reccomend good areas to stay or get a block of rooms. I had another friend get married on Michigan Avenue and we stayed at a very nice hotel and it was somewhere around 100 bucks a night, I'll e-mail him and see what place it was. If people share rooms that could be somewhat reasonable.

Cubs games are also fun, it shouldn't be too hard to get a block of tickets if you jump on it sooner rather than later. We used to rent out sections in bars and it was something like 10-30 bucks per person which inluded beer and apps.
can you head that up for me and give wrigley stadium a call, find out what it would cost us for a suite (you know, those suites where you can get catering and all that) and have them email a catering menu to kristie@jetcareers.com?

I think that would be a ton of fun and would be better than renting out another room for the event!

only one problem - no cubs games the weekend of the blues fest... so we'd have to choose between having the event at blues festival time or picking a cubs weekend....there is a white sox game vs houston that weekend.. so we could do white sox but personally, i've always wanted to go to a game at wrigley...

I voted for the one in May as it's my best bet, but realisitically I won't be able to make it to this one. I'm already taking a few days off work the month before that to go to WGI championships.

only one problem - no cubs games the weekend of the blues fest... so we'd have to choose between having the event at blues festival time or picking a cubs weekend....there is a white sox game vs houston that weekend.. so we could do white sox but personally, i've always wanted to go to a game at wrigley...

A Sox game would be alot cheaper and easier to get tickets to.

Let me know if you would like for me to look into a group package.

Very true! Cubs loyalty runs deep and the tickets are not the cheapest. Especially with this being a brand new year for the team with all of the new acquisitions (sp). If something comes together, I will be there.

If you guys do a Sox game, I'm gonna show up in a Cubs hat :mad:

half:sarcasm:

:)

I'll try my hardest to make it, no matter the location in Chicago. It's only 3 hours away, I gotta make the effort!

I voted for June....the weather should hopefully cooperate by then. I say we all rent some planes and go land at Meigs....oh wait....thank Daley!

Back