New Captain bid out at American Eagle

At the time people were going to SkyWest, ExpressJet and other places with much faster upgrade times. In order to get people to interview/accept seats in new hire classes, they reimbursed the $5000 that people paid for the RJ course at ATP. I know later on they started sending lower time people to places like Flight Safety.

Nov? I heard Aug 2005 was the junior CA spot.. granted, I haven't seen an actual list yet.

But yes....

I seem to recall a certain JC member predicting that when attrition and the flowthrough debacle turned over that upgrade times would drop to the 4 to 5 year range (and not the dreaded Decade to Upgrade!) seemingly overnight. That was like three years ago or something. Everybody told him he was crazy.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy? ;)

First this and now just an hour ago, the ALPA MEC put out an email stating that 35 Eagle pilots are slotted to leave for AA classes in January and if I remember correctly the plan is 2 classes per month until at least next summer. The train just keeps on a'rollin.

nov? I heard aug 2005 was the junior ca spot.. Granted, i haven't seen an actual list yet.

JCE 8/29/05

I heard 50 upgrades a month for the first half of the new year.. not sure but definitely possible with the flowthroughs starting January

This bid ddin't fall to my seniority number (March `06 hire), and that's what I expected. But it does put guys like crashmbern and myself very close. Hopefully, things will keep moving and we will be in upgrade training sometime next year.

This bid ddin't fall to my seniority number (March `06 hire), and that's what I expected. But it does put guys like crashmbern and myself very close. Hopefully, things will keep moving and we will be in upgrade training sometime next year.

Not to mention the guys on the cusp will eventually begin to see a great improvement to their QOL.

Just checked the preliminary bid awards and the most junior captain (awarded JCE) holds seniority number 1862. My seniority number is 1916. That's 54 away for anyone counting.

That's 300 upgrades. In six months. I dunno if we even have the training center capacity for that.

Do we? Not to mention- doesn't that leave an additional 100 or so upgrade vacancies as yet to be posted?

That's 300 upgrades. In six months. I dunno if we even have the training center capacity for that.

Do we? Not to mention- doesn't that leave an additional 100 or so upgrade vacancies as yet to be posted?

No we don't. Especially not for the CRJ. They've been sending all recurrents to STL to a sim there. Not sure what they'll do about upgrades.

OH..and by way of a correction: I'm 55 away. One friggin' nimrod didn't put a bid in for captain which he would have EASILY held jet captain.......and got displaced to the EMB in DFW from the CRJ. Iiiiiidiot! :D

Not to mention the guys on the cusp will eventually begin to see a great improvement to their QOL.

I wish, I'm in the EMB in LGA and my QOL is going downhill because we are losing so much flying and they are just TDYing people out of LGA, I think 17 FOs are on TDY from LGA to DFW and ORD. Yea Stan I think I'm 51 away.

That's true. I was thinking idealistically and did not consider the nonsense up in the northeast.

No we don't. Especially not for the CRJ. They've been sending all recurrents to STL to a sim there. Not sure what they'll do about upgrades.

OH..and by way of a correction: I'm 55 away. One friggin' nimrod didn't put a bid in for captain which he would have EASILY held jet captain.......and got displaced to the EMB in DFW from the CRJ. Iiiiiidiot! :D

I just did the math on how many FOs are between you and me. About 450. I still have a bit till I swap seats.

If they have a TDY in MIA in the spring... I may do that. That'd be tasty.

I wish, I'm in the EMB in LGA and my QOL is going downhill because we are losing so much flying and they are just TDYing people out of LGA, I think 17 FOs are on TDY from LGA to DFW and ORD. Yea Stan I think I'm 51 away.
I'll be in LGA starting Sunday. TDY on the CRJ. Hit me up.

That said....could you even fathom being this close a year ago? I couldn't. Hoping that after the latest bid washes out, there will be another one on it's heels that will fall to us.

Any guesses on how junior the bid goes? I'm hoping it goes down to at least a 2/2006 hire for personal reasons. Stan do you have a bid in for NY?? I think it will go a little more junior than normal just because of the 20 NY vacancies. JFK especially, since its almost impossible to commute to JFK from DFW or ORD with only 1 flight a day on AA.

A VACANCY BID IS OPEN EFF <14 JAN 2011
*VACANCIES* *ENTER TRAINING NO LATER THAN*
<09 ORD CA CRJ <01 OCT 11
<42 ORD FO CRJ <01 OCT 11
<06 LGA CA CRJ <01 OCT 11
<18 LGA FO CRJ <01 OCT 11
<16 DFW FO EMJ <01 OCT 11
<09 JFK CA EMJ <01 OCT 11
<05 JFK FO EMJ <01 OCT 11
<05 MIA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11
<26 MIA FO EMJ <01 OCT 11
<05 LGA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11
<17 ORD FO EMJ <01 OCT 11
<02 DFW CA ATR <01 OCT 11

Beats me... but looking at it..

36 new Captain positions...
... 124 new First Officer positions. There were a few spots (very few) not back-filled, as I recall.
Odds are this doesn't go more than about 40-45 numbers lower than junior CA now. I know there are a few FOs here and there that are holding out on upgrade until they can hold a line as a CA. That could bump it down a few numbers, but I don't think it'll go to far.

This one probably won't fall to me either....BUT....it will put me around 10-15 away....or closer. So...maybe the next one?? Still wanna take that bet on June, Charlie?? :D

Back