New Captain bid out at American Eagle

Great for the Eagle folk. I always hated how people thumbed their noses at Eagle because of the long upgrade times yet went to companies with quicker times yet HORRIBLE contracts.

This one probably won't fall to me either....BUT....it will put me around 10-15 away....or closer. So...maybe the next one?? Still wanna take that bet on June, Charlie?? :D

Didn't I say *by* June? Or in June? I don't even remember. Either way, I win. If I'm deemed right, I get your money. If I'm not right, you go to take my money, and then you realize you're a big bad rich Captain taking money from a starving FO. You fold, and I keep my money. Neener! ;)

Didn't I say *by* June? Or in June? I don't even remember. Either way, I win. If I'm deemed right, I get your money. If I'm not right, you go to take my money, and then you realize you're a big bad rich Captain taking money from a starving FO. You fold, and I keep my money. Neener! ;)

Not to worry my friend. I don't recall saying I'd actually TAKE your money if I "win"......either way, we get drinks...on me. You can bring your money, but pretty sure it'll stay in your pocket. Just sayin... :D

Not to worry my friend. I don't recall saying I'd actually TAKE your money if I "win"......either way, we get drinks...on me. You can bring your money, but pretty sure it'll stay in your pocket. Just sayin... :D

Fair enough, but only if you upgrade into the Embraer. After all, everybody knows that real shiny jet pilots fly the shiny jet with only one flight attendant. :beer:

Whooo! Check that out.

Good things are rollin' in. I've been checking my 3U almost daily lately. It's like a scratch off lotto ticket thing- every now and again I go up 10 to 20 numbers in my bid status.
I can't wait to hold 90 hour trips with 3 day trips and max time off. That'll be sweet.

I can't wait to hold 90 hour trips with 3 day trips and max time off. That'll be sweet.

You probably never will.. unless you plan to not upgrade ever.

Same for me in ORD.. I will probably NEVER hold day trips, Lifer FO's who refuse to upgrade hold onto that good stuff then dump it into open time. Sucks but thats how it is. (12-13) year FO's currently holding the good stuff in ORD, plus the senior flunkie captains forced back to FO taking the few day trips and 3 days that we have... I assume DFW is the same if not worse.

Same for me in ORD.. I will probably NEVER hold day trips, Lifer FO's who refuse to upgrade hold onto that good stuff then dump it into open time. Sucks but thats how it is. (12-14) year FO's currently holding the good stuff in ORD, plus the senior flunkie captains forced back to FO taking the few day trips and 3 days... I assume DFW is the same if not worse.

Even at Colgan we had a few guys who could have upgraded awhile ago, but wanted to wait it out until they could hold a line. Im talking 2 or 3 guys. But still pretty crazy considering the pay at Colgan as an FO. I think those guys finally bid for upgrade though in the last few vacancies.

Great for the Eagle folk. I always hated how people thumbed their noses at Eagle because of the long upgrade times yet went to companies with quicker times yet HORRIBLE contracts.

+1

We will NEVER understand THAT.

Something ALPA Education is working hard to address.

Same for me in ORD.. I will probably NEVER hold day trips, Lifer FO's who refuse to upgrade hold onto that good stuff then dump it into open time. Sucks but thats how it is. (12-13) year FO's currently holding the good stuff in ORD, plus the senior flunkie captains forced back to FO taking the few day trips and 3 days that we have... I assume DFW is the same if not worse.

That may be the case. I dunno. I have standing upgrade bids in, so when my number comes up, off I go. I just assumed I'd ratchet up to the top of the FO list in domicile first. If I bump my head on some sort of slacker ceiling, well, whatever. I'll slide on over to CA and sit reserve and play the game again. While the FOs that are senior to me refuse to upgrade, I'll stack that cheddar. I'm big on seeing the best and the worst of things these days and letting it all roll off my back. Those willing to adapt will advance. Cheers.

That may be the case. I dunno. I have standing upgrade bids in, so when my number comes up, off I go. I just assumed I'd ratchet up to the top of the FO list in domicile first. If I bump my head on some sort of slacker ceiling, well, whatever. I'll slide on over to CA and sit reserve and play the game again. While the FOs that are senior to me refuse to upgrade, I'll stack that cheddar. I'm big on seeing the best and the worst of things these days and letting it all roll off my back. Those willing to adapt will advance. Cheers.

Yeah, same here.. I assumed I would be doing day trips now also being this close to upgrade but after looking at the 3XP, 3BR's doesn't look like its gonna ever happen.. oh well.. I would wait out upgrade too if I had the money.

Yeah, same here.. I assumed I would be doing day trips now also being this close to upgrade but after looking at the 3XP, 3BR's doesn't look like its gonna ever happen.. oh well.. I would wait out upgrade too if I had the money.

Meh. Done right, you can still get ahead. I understand they're not big on approving drops for Captains, but with a few dropped Reserve days, you're back to flying four day trips. Proffer for what you want, and voila! Off you go. 14-15 days off a month at Captain's rate of pay for the rest. Heck, if I really felt the stress I could conceivably carve out a few more days than that. I plan on spending my first year as a CA living on my FO budget. Possibly two. The extra money is just getting bankrolled.

Missed it by 24 numbers or so. I know two of those numbers senior to me are gone, so call it 22 or less. March `06 new hire here. Hopefully on the next one!! June ain't lookin' too promising Charles. But, probably not too far after that. :bandit:

Missed it by 24 numbers or so. I know two of those numbers senior to me are gone, so call it 22 or less. March `06 new hire here. Hopefully on the next one!! June ain't lookin' too promising Charles. But, probably not too far after that. :bandit:

Nice! Planning on moving to NYC? Folks from my class just got awarded it recently...after five and a half years, they deserve it.

Nice! Planning on moving to NYC? Folks from my class just got awarded it recently...after five and a half years, they deserve it.

Guess it depends on what is on the next bid or/and if I am awarded a Captain slot. But, in short, no....I'm not moving anywhere. Just moved back to Tampa and have decided this is it...this is home. I will be a commuter.

Back