New Captain bid out at American Eagle

The next 180 should be gone by June/July if everything goes well. What is it AA said? 30/month class sizes?? Can't remember...
Can't wait for the next big vacancy bid!!

The next 180 should be gone by June/July if everything goes well. What is it AA said? 30/month class sizes?? Can't remember...
Can't wait for the next big vacancy bid!!

I would not be surprised to see that very soon.

Apparently the last vacancy bid with the 121 CA slots was just for the new CRJs. The company has not yet released bids reflecting staffing needs for CA flowthroughs.

2011 is gonna be wild at Eagle. :yar:

Another Bid out with a MIA EMJ base

Looks like it's a go:

148185 E14FD8¶
13NOV10/1450¶

TO: ALL PILOTS 1 OF 3¶
A VACANCY/DISPLACEMENT BID IS OPEN EFF <13 NOV 2010¶

*VACANCIES* *ENTER TRAINING NO LATER THAN*¶
<27 ORD CA CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<64 ORD FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<06 LGA FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 DFW CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<29 DFW FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 LAX CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 LAX FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<72 MIA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<72 MIA FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶

Lots of no backfills and displacing all Dallas CRJ crews.

Another Bid out with a MIA EMJ base

Looks like it's a go:

148185 E14FD8¶
13NOV10/1450¶

TO: ALL PILOTS 1 OF 3¶
A VACANCY/DISPLACEMENT BID IS OPEN EFF <13 NOV 2010¶

*VACANCIES* *ENTER TRAINING NO LATER THAN*¶
<27 ORD CA CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<64 ORD FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<06 LGA FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 DFW CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<29 DFW FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 LAX CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<14 LAX FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<72 MIA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<72 MIA FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶

Lots of no backfills and displacing all Dallas CRJ crews.

Looks like the Miami Jet Base rumors have all been true. Makes me wonder if we'll still have layovers at the Sherry. I'd miss those.

That said, this is HUGE! That's another 100 CA slots just for the Embraer fleet, assuming that all of the CRJ CA slots are just displacements. I love that LAX is adding 14 CAs and FOs. Lots of California folks are going to be based at home. That's a big push for the DFW crowd- lots of people commute here from there, and they're all senior to me. LOL

I've previously predicted that a certain guy who likes eggs a lot would see Captain by October 2011. I'm pushing that up to June 2011.

There's an outside chance '07 hires could be seeing Captain by the end of CY2011. Crazy year, indeed.

This business is such a crapshoot, as we've all said. I feel like I just hit a few "hard ways and parlays". I gotta admit- big relief.

This is moving fast.. that extra 40$ an hour sure is gonna be nice!

Funny how just months ago I was planning on not upgrading for another 5 years and now I'm hoping for 6 months...

I'm just psyched I will be holding a line soon, and won't be living on my credit card!

I'm thinking once the junior captain reaches 2006 i may have to consider coming off my long term leave early. This is really exciting to see happening!

Congrats guys. It's great to see movement.
Well...it's hard to believe I'm even typing this, but: My bid is in.

IF (big if) my calculations are correct (and they very well may be off) according to the master seniority list.....if I don't get captain upgrade in this bid, I will only be about 25 away.

Wow! That means 5 years from new hire to upgrade. Unimaginable when I was hired.

IF (big if) my calculations are correct (and they very well may be off) according to the master seniority list.....if I don't get captain upgrade in this bid, I will only be about 25 away.

Wow! That means 5 years from new hire to upgrade. Unimaginable when I was hired.

Good deal Stan! I certainly hope you get that upgrade soon.

Subpilot likes this! :clap:

I'm going to throw in a preemptive out FRIGGIN standing!

I'm saving the one in a giant font size until you get the award.

:clap::rawk::clap:

:clap::rawk::clap:

This= excellent. This may be, however, where the bubble breaking finally comes to an end. Once you get to mid-2006 hires, for example, there are about 400 pilots between me and Ready2Fly.

Granted, with the rumors I hear about pending mass retirements linked to the A-Fund at AA, how things will play out is anybody's guess. Either way, that'd solidly drop Eagle's long-feared upgrade time to 4.5 years, which still ain't bad at all.

Back