<22 DFW FO EMJ <01 AUG 11¶
<05 JFK CA EMJ <01 AUG 11¶
<02 LAX CA EMJ <01 AUG 11¶
<04 DFW FO ATR <01 AUG 11¶
<05 MIA CA ATR <01 AUG 11¶
<01 MIA FO ATR <01 AUG 11

WE WILL NOT BACKFILL DCC, DFC, THE FIRST 4 JFE, 2 NCE, 25 NFE¶
46 OFE, 9 SCA, AND 9 SFA.¶
So yes... 121 new Captain positions.. immediately following announcement of recalls at AA and the flowthrough of Eagle Captains.

This is just the first wave. (IMHO)

Coupled with 700 potential new hire pilots at Eagle over the next two years, we're about to see a major turnover at American Eagle's pilot group.

I seem to recall predicting that Ready2Fly would likely see Captain in a year. Myself potentially in two years. Not a done deal yet, but still... this puts it awfully close.

I wish I'd taken cash wagers on that one. :beer:

Excellent news!

Good to see movement at a place that has been fairly stagnant for a while.

OMGZ upgrade times!? How much ME and TT did you have, bases? :)

(Heavy amounts of :sarcasm:)

How are the airplanes being awarded for new hires? Which is more senior, junior etc. I'd imagine MIA and DFW go senior.

OMGZ upgrade times!? How much ME and TT did you have, bases? :)

(Heavy amounts of :sarcasm:)

You a funny man, Doug Taylor. :p

I could give a rip about the turbine PIC. I just want the payscale bump. Double my income? Why yes, thank you.

I must also admit I hanker to log some PIC.. but not for my resume. I'm really starting to wish I were the skipper sometimes. Never knew I was the ambitious type. :rolleyes:

I gots line for next month! But then again my plane doesn't go wheeee!

:laff:

Ha! You know, I'd totally fly the ATR if the FO pay scale were the same as the jet... and it had an APU. I do love my air conditioning.

Daummmmn!!! Good stuff! How long ya worked there Charlie?

3 years. I think a 5 year upgrade is decent. I think sometimes the urge to upgrade stunts the learning process for FOs. By the time I hit the 5 year mark I think I'll be ready to step up and be a reasonably intelligent Captain. I know some folks just want to upgrade and go, but the longer I sit in the right seat, the more I become glad I wasn't crammed in the left seat as fast as possible. I think it's been good for me.

How are the airplanes being awarded for new hires? Which is more senior, junior etc. I'd imagine MIA and DFW go senior.

It varies. If you look at the FO vacancies above, there are a lot of positions going junior in DFW. Since most FOs have been around a fair number of years, most are pretty entrenched in where they are. That means that when the senior-most FOs in places like DFW and ORD upgrade, the whole list just slides up, and the empty spots go very junior. That happened this year in DFW.

How are they awarded spots? Once pilots on property bid, any remaining slots go to newhire classes, where they're bid by seniority within the class. Seniority for those hired on the same day is determined by age.

(lifted from another board...)

So yes... 121 new Captain positions.. immediately following announcement of recalls at AA and the flowthrough of Eagle Captains.

This is just the first wave. (IMHO)

Coupled with 700 potential new hire pilots at Eagle over the next two years, we're about to see a major turnover at American Eagle's pilot group.

I seem to recall predicting that Ready2Fly would likely see Captain in a year. Myself potentially in two years. Not a done deal yet, but still... this puts it awfully close.

I wish I'd taken cash wagers on that one. :beer:
Indeed good news. Puts me 121 closer fo sho!!! :bandit:

9/04 junior CA...

finally some movement here

with the next 200+ FLows hopefully going in 2011.. hopefully will get through to the 2006 hires in 2011! Would be nice!

was told the prelim has Monfort 9/04 today from someone at work.. I havn't seen the official prelim posting, not at work today

Back