New Captain bid out at American Eagle

Missed it by 24 numbers or so. I know two of those numbers senior to me are gone, so call it 22 or less. March `06 new hire here. Hopefully on the next one!! June ain't lookin' too promising Charles. But, probably not too far after that. :bandit:

Pfft. How many vacancy bids have we had in the last few months? We've got four months until the first of June. Five if you count the whole of it.

You make the classic mistake everybody makes with me. You misunderestimate my geniyous!

Pfft. How many vacancy bids have we had in the last few months? We've got four months until the first of June. Five if you count the whole of it.

You make the classic mistake everybody makes with me. You misunderestimate my geniyous!
Aha! But you said "IN Training in June...." The last of that first 127 start training in April, soooooo....

Believe me now and hear me later: I SO want to be in Training IN June, but I will take what I can get.

Any news of when the next vacancy bid might be unleashed??

Aha! But you said "IN Training in June...." The last of that first 127 start training in April, soooooo....

Believe me now and hear me later: I SO want to be in Training IN June, but I will take what I can get.

Any news of when the next vacancy bid might be unleashed??

Uh, no idea when the next bid will be out. I'm nowhere near important enough to have that kind of information.
My best guess? The first two big ones were for planned attrition in general and new staffing for routes and new airplanes.

The last one, to the best of my knowledge, was to replace senior CAs going to AA in the near future. If that continues (ie, AA asks for more) then we'll see movement continue, IMHO.

Just out
A VACANCY BID IS OPEN EFF <12 FEB 2011¶

<30 ORD FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<08 LGA CA CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<18 LGA FO CRJ <01 OCT 11¶
<02 DFW CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<40 DFW FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<02 JFK FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<04 LAX CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<02 LAX FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<08 MIA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<30 MIA FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<02 LGA CA EMJ <01 OCT 11¶
<07 ORD FO EMJ <01 OCT 11¶

Are you sure, because we have a few FAs that will not bid off the ATR.
That is because the passengers are so scared for their lives when on those planes that they don't bother the FA. I was told this fact by an FA while working on the SAAB.

chicks do not dig beta. Unless it was a letter in their sorority.

Killjoy. It's a joke based on what Beta does in the -1900D. Just go with it.

Meantime.. WOOHOO MORE UPGRADES!

Based on the FOs currently slotted to upgrade soon, I'm gonna be in the top 100 spots in my bid status before I know it. Helloooooo 3 day trips/18 days off!

hopefully hold it on this bid. I think Stan will hold it if is willing to commute to NY

You should most definitely hold capt. on this bid, crshmbern. But curious as to why you think I'd have to commute to NY? You thinking I'm putting the CRJ as my first choice?

Well NY is always the most junior and I would suspect that either LGA or JFK will be the only captain positions we will hold with our seniority. Are you not willing to commute to NY?

Take a look at the last bid. Most junior capt was 1862 on the seniority list for JFK. The next guy awarded a jet position besides NY was 1802. I think we can hold only NY and maybe SJU.

Well NY is always the most junior and I would suspect that either LGA or JFK will be the only captain positions we will hold with our seniority. Are you not willing to commute to NY?

Take a look at the last bid. Most junior capt was 1862 on the seniority list for JFK. The next guy awarded a jet position besides NY was 1802. I think we can hold only NY and maybe SJU.

I'm willing to commute to anywhere, but NY isn't my first preference.

And.....Well, since neither JFK nor SJU were on this bid, looks like we'd both be S.O.L. :D

We'll hold whatever our seniority can hold for a given bid. Some folks may not have bid what I did on this one, so who know? Best of luck to us both! As I said: You will most definitely hold Captain on this bid. I'm REAL close to being the last one without a chair on this one, but we will see.

Back