Moxy and 60 A220s

Seriously, go talk to some employees. Anecdotal customer comments don’t count. I have two cousins who work for them and several friends as well. They know the truth behind the curtain.

I know crew members as well and was recently bsing with a former military pilot who recently retired from SWA and he thought he was treated very well, comparing how little he worked and how much he made compared to a lawyer friend of his. I even got to meet one of their former pilots association presidents years back on a few occasions and got to sit in on one of his presentations he was doing for a club before he became president. It might not be all sunshine at SWA, but as a customer I love flying them and will continue to spend my money on their product. I wish Moxy the best for focusing on smaller markets and if they're sincere with focusing on customer service.

Unless of course their destination isn't in the contiguous US.

No kidding and that's where some if not all of the big 3 will be clinging to as more efficient airline models come along and continue to grow and steal market share unless they adapt. I think United's management has been especially short-sighted and incompetent when they're solution to compete with their rivals is being so delusional to ask their pilots to give up more scope.

No kidding and that's where some if not all of the big 3 will be clinging to as more efficient airline models come along and continue to grow and steal market share unless they adapt.

More efficient airline models? Like what? Super Ultra LCCs? Face it, Moxy is gonna just be a rehashed JetBlue/VA clone. They’ve even recycled the buzzwords. You’ve bought into the hype. How do you know that their CS is going to be better? Neeleman has a motive. Start airline, sell out, make bank. Repeat. Yes, it worked for JBU and Azul. I just have a feeling the competitive landscape is a lot different than when he started those other two.

More efficient airline models? Like what? Super Ultra LCCs? Face it, Moxy is gonna just be a rehashed JetBlue/VA clone. They’ve even recycled the buzzwords. You’ve bought into the hype. How do you know that their CS is going to be better? Neeleman has a motive. Start airline, sell out, make bank. Repeat. Yes, it worked for JBU and Azul. I just have a feeling the competitive landscape is a lot different than when he started those other two.

Because I've lived in a lot of smaller markets and I'd prefer more direct flights and another customer service focused airline. We'll see what cities he chooses, but there have been a lot of airports neglected by the big three. I'm expecting the efficiency to be in their route structure and we'll see how the consumer likes their product. I have no idea whether it'll be a good product or not or if the airline will be that much of a success, but I'm excited that we have one more entrant competing that at least is saying they're focused on customer service.

Because I've lived in a lot of smaller markets and I'd prefer more direct flights and another customer service focused airline. We'll see what cities he chooses, but there have been a lot of airports neglected by the big three. I'm expecting the efficiency to be in their route structure and we'll see how the consumer likes their product. I have no idea whether it'll be a good product or not or if the airline will be that much of a success, but I'm excited that we have one more entrant competing that at least is saying they're focused on customer service.

There’s not an airline out there that doesn’t say they’re not focused on customer service.

[

Hey just so you don't feel like ur screaming in the dark, yes I love SWA too and I think they do a great job. I used to use them exclusively for business travel, personal travel I'd try finding something cheaper and always regret it. My interactions with current employees has been very good and if you go to the way back machine, all through college and early jobs. Even the few airTran guys flying in the right seat have good things to say. I'd imagine most airTran guys would bail if it wasn't a big hit in pay because the merger was caustic.

There’s not an airline out there that doesn’t say they’re not focused on customer service.

I think given his role in Southwest and JetBlue I'm a bit more inclined to believe him, but we'll see what the market brings in a few years and if other airlines need to step up their game as a response.

Even the few airTran guys flying in the right seat have good things to say. I'd imagine most airTran guys would bail if it wasn't a big hit in pay because the merger was caustic.

Honestly as a consumer I'm not too thrilled about all the mergers that have happened in the last decade. Southwest has expanded rapidly and while their flight crews are typically excellent I've been a little annoyed on a few occasions checking my bag or when I needed to ask someone at the counter a question about a delay or a gate change. As big as they have become I do worry that without competition they could be one change in management away from becoming a shadow of themselves.

You're the guy who in spite of being an airline pilot your highlight in life is quoting internet arguments from nearly 20 years ago. I'm a customer and don't work for the airlines and Southwest has never let me down and has top notch customer service. You can go be insecure and think that's somehow an insult sent your direction, but as a consumer I welcome new entrants into a consolidated market where the big 3 are happy to sit on their feet.

Honestly as a consumer I'm not too thrilled about all the mergers that have happened in the last decade. Southwest has expanded rapidly and while their flight crews are typically excellent I've been a little annoyed on a few occasions checking my bag or when I needed to ask someone at the counter a question about a delay or a gate change. As big as they have become I do worry that without competition they could be one change in management away from becoming a shadow of themselves.
Did you just bust your own argument? Lol

Did you just bust your own argument? Lol

Overall the flights were all good experiences and I've never been disappointed in how my trips went or were handled. I just worry that maybe it could be a sign of things to come as their aren't an abundance of alternatives, especially for customer service when it comes to airlines. The issues were all relatively minor exchanges like having them tag my bag once in MKE or during a delay having to wait for a woman behind the desk to stop chatting with a co-worker which looking back were rather small and would have been expected with other airlines.

I’m not naming any airlines, but PHX was in an east-flow with reported winds showed a 18 knot tailwind. Everyone was holding until the winds died down, no clue why it was such a challenge to turn the airport around when the winds effectively shut down departures, but one airline basically went “YOLO!” then drilled down the runway.

It’s not who you think it is, though.

But on the weather thing, there’s no point in getting your ass kicked, having injured passengers and throwing your cabin crew into the walls and getting injured.

SOOOO many flight attendants get injured because of turbulence,

A lot of broken hips?

LOL, but bone breakage, head injuries, etc. I know we have A LOT and are making steps to mitigate risk.

One thing I learned on the large jets were the bigger the jet, the more cabin crew, the higher the probability that someone is going to end up injured during the trip if you weren't careful.

I basically think of the cabin crew like riding hoverboards pushing around a 300 pound cart. It's one thing to tell the FA when you have one in the back of a CRJ compared to corralling 14 of them and making sure they're strapped because El Capitan decided to let ATC fly his jet or attempt to pick his way through the weather rather than avoiding it altogether.

This is so comical. Customer service focused? Delta treats me like a valued customer. Southwest treated me like cattle. No, I’m not interested in standing in your cattle stalls so I get the privilege of fighting for a seat after paying the same price as Delta charges for a dignified experience, Gary.

lol they are still a bunch of cowboys at SWA. Two different airlines decline takeoff clearance due to the tower reporting a Windshear alarm for the departure run. SWA is the only one to accept the clearance and blasts off...

This is certainly true.

Back