Moxy and 60 A220s

Massive failure as determined by what exactly? People liking or disliking air travel? What if success was making air travel accessible to a greater segment of the population? I'm just not sure what you mean by failure.

A system that results in never-ending cycles of bankruptcies is not a successful system.

I was in the initial of the ATR-72 and that netted me 4 months off after training because the aircraft were so corroded they couldn’t fly.

I got about 2 months off after my type ride on the NEO due to aircraft delivery issues. There were guys that have bid reserve and flown 1 trip in the last 6 months. EIS can be a fun time, but it also can be a pain.

I got about 2 months off after my type ride on the NEO due to aircraft delivery issues. There were guys that have bid reserve and flown 1 trip in the last 6 months. EIS can be a fun time, but it also can be a pain.
It was nice that they allowed me to go back to the mainland to do some contract flying while waiting for the airplane to start service. However in my case, I actually never logged one hour in the aircraft because I got another job offer before they could start service.

A system that results in never-ending cycles of bankruptcies is not a successful system.
It's not about making money. Look at the Airbus and the A220 - nice book of orders at huge discounts (probably a good loss in there too) to take to the bank and get the financing for the Mobile AL production line as well as the parts oems for volume discounts to be able to make a couple of bucks on subsequent orders. Manufacturers sell the aircraft with mtow limit/average stage length fees/etc bs considerations to keep the sale price below the market, so that the airlines wouldn't have to use any of their money for financing, which is based on the % of the market value.
One nice big circle jerk of making the stocks look good. Things slow down - bam, bankruptcy. Everyone loses a little, gets to write it off the taxes, rinse and repeat.

It's not about making money. Look at the Airbus and the A220 - nice book of orders at huge discounts (probably a good loss in there too) to take to the bank and get the financing for the Mobile AL production line as well as the parts oems for volume discounts to be able to make a couple of bucks on subsequent orders. Manufacturers sell the aircraft with mtow limit/average stage length fees/etc bs considerations to keep the sale price below the market, so that the airlines wouldn't have to use any of their money for financing, which is based on the % of the market value.
One nice big circle jerk of making the stocks look good. Things slow down - bam, bankruptcy. Everyone loses a little, gets to write it off the taxes, rinse and repeat.

You’d do well in the communist system that you love so well, because you certainly don’t understand business.

pzv5j7l.jpg

You’d do well in the communist system that you love so well, because you certainly don’t understand business.
This would be triple hilarious if you posted a selfie of yourself typing it. Cheeks blown wide, nose at 28° above horizon attitude, holy inquisition glow in your eyes....

wonder if Moxy pilots will be expected to clean aircraft on turns...

wonder if their pays rates will be above or below the current industry...

I think the market is vastly different than it was when his other ventures were successful. Market forces (labor wages and aircraft manufacturers not hurting for aircraft orders) are certainly not in Moxy’s favor. And I obviously have no crystal ball, but I don’t see them turning in their favor any time in the next few years. Perhaps the goal is to get it up and going and show a profit and then offer up an IPO? Hope to sell to someone much larger who either wants the pilots or the planes or whatever city pairs Moxy successfully makes money on...

There’s certainly not a glut of pilots willing to take below market rates on a startup with the hope of it being the next big thing.

Maybe.
Airport standby and hotel sits - more pilots changed jobs due to those things than all the other reasons combined.
If those are still around at the regional level when Moxy hires, there will be apps.

There’s certainly not a glut of pilots willing to take below market rates on a startup with the hope of it being the next big thing.

Maybe.

What's below market rates? I doubt they'll pay as much as Delta, United or American pays, but then again all those big salaries are subsidized by their regional pilots who get paid a fraction of what they make. I expect them to focus on QoL at first and depending on what their bases (probably some less common ones given their business model) are I'm sure they'll find a decent amount of pilots while still topping the regionals in pay and probably being comparable to what the Frontiers, Sun Countries and Spirits have negotiated at the time. I'm excited for Moxy as a lot of small and middle sized cities could use more direct flight options, especially with them focusing on customer service which a lot of airlines, including the mainlines have neglected.

You do realize that if those regional pilot salaries didn’t exist, the big salaries would be even bigger? Rather than subsidizing mainline salaries, the regional pay scale is a drag, pulling salaries down, overall.

How are United, American and Delta's salaries going to be bigger when without the regional route structure they'd have even more trouble handling their more efficient counter parts like Southwest who has crushed them with their point to point model?

Back