Moxy and 60 A220s

Deregulation has been a massive failure. People despise air travel. The product has been reduced to the lowest common denominator. Under the CAB, there were still plenty of airlines competing for routes, but they were competing based upon price and service. Couldn’t provide good service? The CAB wouldn’t award you the route. There were no fare wars. It was a stable environment.

It's been good for salaries though, right?

Sorry but “Moxy” sounds like a former “Days Inn” hotel rebranding to attract millennials. You know the “Millenials don’t want desks or coffee pots, they want bean bags and free trade in-room Kombucha jars!” :)
Pretty sure it won't be Moxy by the time it flies. It is significant enough for Kirby to have to answer questions about the potential competition at earnings call.

Why not do something different? Like red? Or pink? You could do so much with a pink theme...
Careful what you wish for
If people think yellow Spirit looks goofy...
S7_Airlines%2C_VQ-BCK%2C_Airbus_A320-271N_%2838549848226%29.jpg

Deregulation has been a massive failure. People despise air travel. The product has been reduced to the lowest common denominator. Under the CAB, there were still plenty of airlines competing for routes, but they were competing based upon price and service. Couldn’t provide good service? The CAB wouldn’t award you the route. There were no fare wars. It was a stable environment.

Massive failure as determined by what exactly? People liking or disliking air travel? What if success was making air travel accessible to a greater segment of the population? I'm just not sure what you mean by failure.

Also, I’m disappointed that they didn’t raise just a little more capital and make it an even 69 aircraft.

Careful what you wish for
If people think yellow Spirit looks goofy...
S7_Airlines%2C_VQ-BCK%2C_Airbus_A320-271N_%2838549848226%29.jpg
Sorta like this???.....

View attachment 44114

I actually like both the lime green and pinkish purple color schemes. Especially when most airlines are mostly plain white.

Also, I’m disappointed that they didn’t raise just a little more capital and make it an even 69 aircraft.

The good ad campaigns for having 69 planes were already taken unfortunately:

Spirit Airlines pushes limits of good taste with new $69 promotion

I actually like both the lime green and pinkish purple color schemes. Especially when most airlines are mostly plain white.
My favorite fleet scheme for a small op has the same scheme on all aircraft, but a different accent color. So much easier in many contexts to say “the red plane” than “ship 36”.

But if you get in the initial cadre, you’d be known as an initial cadre pilot for the lifetime of that airline. Initial cadre means a great deal to those in the initial cadre. But you wouldn’t know that unless you’ve ever been in the initial cadre, so I understand why you may feel the way you do about “initial cadre”.
I was in the initial of the ATR-72 and that netted me 4 months off after training because the aircraft were so corroded they couldn’t fly.

Back