MikeD's in good hands in the A-10

Re: Manual Reversion

100% correct. Ex enlisted gone officer, but often wondering why.

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeD just a question. How old were you and when did you become an officer? If you remember from a previous posting on a different thread I tried but was ineligible because of my age. When I graduated from Riddle I was going to do the OTS track since I didn't qualify for flight I saw no point in continuing with the Air Force. I too had spent 4 1/2 years enlisted.

[ QUOTE ]
100% correct. Ex enlisted gone officer, but often wondering why.

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeD just a question. How old were you and when did you become an officer? If you remember from a previous posting on a different thread I tried but was ineligible because of my age. When I graduated from Riddle I was going to do the OTS track since I didn't qualify for flight I saw no point in continuing with the Air Force. I too had spent 4 1/2 years enlisted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was 26 when I went to OTS. Did the first two years of AFROTC in 89-90, but there were no pilot slots and I got a missile slot, which I didn't want, so I left. Applied twice to OTS and was accepted conveniently 3 months after getting layed off.

Was 26 when I went to OTS. Did the first two years of AFROTC in 89-90, but there were no pilot slots and I got a missile slot, which I didn't want, so I left. Applied twice to OTS and was accepted conveniently 3 months after getting layed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters for me now since I'm 34 but how did you overcome the age restriction at 26? I was 26 1/2 if I went to OTS and they said I was ineligible for a flight slot. I take it you went to OTS in 1990? I remember starting in 1989 that flight slots were few and far between. They were admitting 5 students per class instead of the 35 I've been seeing before the draw down. I was stationed at Columbus AFB for 3 1/2 years so I was familiar with the class sizes. I've been reading the postings and have seen your comments so I know that as with everything in life nothing is what it seems. Thanks MikeD

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters for me now since I'm 34 but how did you overcome the age restriction at 26? I was 26 1/2 if I went to OTS and they said I was ineligible for a flight slot. I take it you went to OTS in 1990? I remember starting in 1989 that flight slots were few and far between. They were admitting 5 students per class instead of the 35 I've been seeing before the draw down. I was stationed at Columbus AFB for 3 1/2 years so I was familiar with the class sizes. I've been reading the postings and have seen your comments so I know that as with everything in life nothing is what it seems. Thanks MikeD

[/ QUOTE ]

OTS in 1997. Did ROTC in 1990 when there was no pilot slots. At that time (97) the entry age into UPT was 271/2 to start.

OTS in 1997. Did ROTC in 1990 when there was no pilot slots. At that time (97) the entry age into UPT was 271/2 to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

DAMN I WAS LIED TOO!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters for me now since I'm 34 but how did you overcome the age restriction at 26? I was 26 1/2 if I went to OTS and they said I was ineligible for a flight slot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Back then, the rule was that you had to graduate from UPT by age 27.5, which meant you had to begin UPT before you were 26.5. If OTS would have delayed you past 26.5, that would have been grounds for denying you the slot. Nowadays, you have to be 27.5 at time of entry into SUPT.

And FWIW, the nickname for OTS grads is "90 day wonder".

Back