Live! From Salt Lake City's pilot lounge...

Re: Live! From Salt Lake City\'s pilot lounge...

Its way past time, but just in case you check this topic again, I'll leave this for you.

1. The Rancho Lanes is no more. Torn down for a housing development.

2. Whenever you have another long boring layover in SLC, call or e-mail me. I'm my own boss and I'd be happy to buy you a cup of coffee, lunch, or take you around.

I have several friends who work for Delta and I'm a Million-Miler. You can tell your chief pilot you're off to do some "customer relations" work.

jmark@xmission.com

Re: Live! From Salt Lake City\'s pilot lounge...

Thanks!

I can usually leave "at will" and usually prefer to "disappear" during long sits so I don't get rerouted for a short turn.

Anything above four hours, we're contractually qualified to ask for a hotel room.

I think the entire airline industry needs some PR work. Sheesh!

Re: Live! From Salt Lake City\'s pilot lougen...

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard from a few friends that airlines don't really like to consider pilots that have a strong corporate flyinf background.....do you know if that's the case? If so, any reason to the rhyme??

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a version of this also that says that you can have too much flight time to get hired by an airline (usually above 3-4000 hours). My assumption (unverified) is that if this is true, it probably applies to FAR 91 flying. My guess is that with that much time flying on your own, you may have too many bad habits to break during training. Maybe the airlines want someone that they can mold into their own FAR121 super-pilot image. Just guessing though.

Back