Pilotless future aircraft

You've been flying for the airlines for a year and you're already a Fox News grandpa.

The "flying cars" (honestly, i can't believe you call them that) will be UAV's
They will not have pilots in them. Collision avoidance for flying craft is orders of magnitude easier than the same in ground based vehicles.

UAV's Amazon packages and pizzas will happen first. After some time, people will be transported. probably in China or UAE.

It will change aviation, but mostly be a market disruption for helicopters and short range transportation under 300 miles over the next 5-10 years.
So do you think an airline pilot will still be a viable path? Perhaps I should look for a career change before it’s too late.

So do you think an airline pilot will still be a viable path? Perhaps I should look for a career change before it’s too late.
I’d say this is a job not a career. Depending on your age of course but still. Marry rich, I’m trying to :)

I’d say this is a job not a career. Depending on your age of course but still. Marry rich, I’m trying to :)
Yes you’re right it’s a job. It’s a job that I wake up and feel like a loser for becoming one

Yes you’re right it’s a job. It’s a job that I wake up and feel like a loser for becoming one
Don’t feel like a loser. I love flying. When I told my old man I wanted to be an airline pilot I had to promise him I’d never stop flying GA. Just saying it’s coming. I don’t have a clue when, but I’m 38 and am worried about single pilot or no pilot for last ten years of my career.

Don’t feel like a loser. I love flying. When I told my old man I wanted to be an airline pilot I had to promise him I’d never stop flying GA. Just saying it’s coming. I don’t have a clue when, but I’m 38 and am worried about single pilot or no pilot for last ten years of my career.

Dude... dudes a troll. Don't buy his poor me routine.

Yes indeed.... What I mentioned earlier is connected to this following post... I have heard that "We will find out next year".it has something to do with that pyramid being used to extract energy from the Earths core bringing forth new technologies / capabilities....

You know, with your post history and the whole “Alaska triangle” thing, I’ve got to suggest betterhelp.com! :). It’s OK!

Don't worry the CRJ will still be flying the last 10 years of your career, that little cockroach.

I personally don't get why airline pilots spend their energy worrying about single or no pilot ops taking their jobs away, but y'all do you. We should all be planning to retire early anyways, so make some good money and enjoy it. I think your odds are higher of medicaling out than being replaced by no one at the controls.

Don't worry the CRJ will still be flying the last 10 years of your career, that little cockroach.

I personally don't get why airline pilots spend their energy worrying about single or no pilot ops taking their jobs away, but y'all do you. We should all be planning to retire early anyways, so make some good money and enjoy it. I think your odds are higher of medicaling out than being replaced by no one at the controls.

Hey! The CR9, is sexy af. Needs a larger wing though.

I love flying man. Just hope I can do it long enough for a prosperous career.

As I've said before, pilots are hardly the only profession on the automation chopping block; and the slow speed of the FAA will probably protect us from obsolescense for at least a few decades, particularly for Part 121 operations. I suspect a decline in demand for air travel from other people being automated out of a job is probably a much bigger threat than pilotless ops. Or medicaling out, for that matter, as you pointed out.

As I've said before, pilots are hardly the only profession on the automation chopping block; and the slow speed of the FAA will probably protect us from obsolescense for at least a few decades, particularly for Part 121 operations. I suspect a decline in demand for air travel from other people being automated out of a job is probably a much bigger threat than pilotless ops. Or medicaling out, for that matter, as you pointed out.
It's funny my girlfriend has a group of friends over who are all in the medical field. A nurse and 4 in med school currently, all discussing the exact same things. About how automation is coming into the hospitals, surgical rooms, etc and how they still see a need for their jobs despite people telling them that they are replaceable as well. I laugh because I said this is the exact same thing pilots worry about and it's just interesting to hear a completely different field, that I know nothing about, and think you're crazy to think you are replaceable. Then it goes into the just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD as stated above.

It's all really not worth the energy, people will shave off years of your life worrying non-stop about the next recession, automated technology release, world event to cause a decline in travel. All of these things are out of anyone's control and the whole "this isn't a career" could be stated for almost any profession in the world.

Make some great money, have some fun, plan your retirement well, be smart with your money and should anything happen to your health, your family, or the industry and forces you to hang the hat up you can look back on a great career and took advantage of it. Some of us will be lucky, some won't, just don't waste your time worrying about • you can't control anyways. The only people who disagree are those who think they've got it all figured out in life, and ya know a lot of pilots do think they know about everything and they're always right so....

w
It's funny my girlfriend has a group of friends over who are all in the medical field. A nurse and 4 in med school currently, all discussing the exact same things. About how automation is coming into the hospitals, surgical rooms, etc and how they still see a need for their jobs despite people telling them that they are replaceable as well. I laugh because I said this is the exact same thing pilots worry about and it's just interesting to hear a completely different field, that I know nothing about, and think you're crazy to think you are replaceable. Then it goes into the just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD as stated above.

It's all really not worth the energy, people will shave off years of your life worrying non-stop about the next recession, automated technology release, world event to cause a decline in travel. All of these things are out of anyone's control and the whole "this isn't a career" could be stated for almost any profession in the world.

Make some great money, have some fun, plan your retirement well, be smart with your money and should anything happen to your health, your family, or the industry and forces you to hang the hat up you can look back on a great career and took advantage of it. Some of us will be lucky, some won't, just don't waste your time worrying about • you can't control anyways. The only people who disagree are those who think they've got it all figured out in life, and ya know a lot of pilots do think they know about everything and they're always right so....
when you plan for retirement, what age do you use?

Back