Latest Delta Rumors

I see I'm speaking to a brick wall. Enjoy.
I don't see how I am being a brick wall but if you say so. All I did was ask a question, he never made any indication that he was "lost". Quite frankly I think someone believing this thing will work like planned is "lost". No need for clarification, look at your own XJ flow, typically they are worth nothing more than the paper they're on. The SSP is no different.

I don't see how I am being a brick wall but if you say so. All I did was ask a question, he never made any indication that he was "lost". Quite frankly I think someone believing this thing will work like planned is "lost". No need for clarification, look at your own XJ flow, typically they are worth nothing more than the paper they're on. The SSP is no different.

... So in you're little world how do you account for the XJ's that did flow? The ones that will flow? All the Compass pilots that will flow too?

I'm just trying to see the other side is all.
(speaking specifically about the flow here, not SSP)

... So in you're little world how do you account for the XJ's that did flow? The ones that will flow? All the Compass pilots that will flow too?

I'm just trying to see the other side is all.
(speaking specifically about the flow here, not SSP)
What I mean't to say is they don't last, which you know. Hence the not holding ones breath.

What I mean't to say is they don't last, which you know. Hence the not holding ones breath.

Wait, so flows don't last, so your saying the Mesaba guys won't flow and neither will the Compass ones? Do you even know why the Compass is still in effect and why the Mesaba one only includes a couple more pilots before it ends?

Is that the Westie version with the V2500 or the East version with CFM's? I didn't realize the A321 had bad sucky flight performance.

It doesn't matter the engine. We have some IAEs on the East, too. The only difference I've found with the IAEs vs. the CFMs is that the IAEs seem to be a bit quieter. The do, however, take FOREVER to start and there's a glitch with our IAEs that won't uplink the Performance Data when the Final W/B comes in. It's not the engines. It's the wing. It has the same wing as a 320, but weights 30,000+ lbs more.

It doesn't matter the engine. We have some IAEs on the East, too. The only difference I've found with the IAEs vs. the CFMs is that the IAEs seem to be a bit quieter. The do, however, take FOREVER to start and there's a glitch with our IAEs that won't uplink the Performance Data when the Final W/B comes in. It's not the engines. It's the wing. It has the same wing as a 320, but weights 30,000+ lbs more.

#electricjetproblems :D

and the radar sucks.

Yes it does! Not as bad as the ERJ, but an Enhanced will spoil you. I was just talking with the last Captain I flew with how I always seem to get an Enhanced when there's no where across the entire country, but stuck in a Basic when I have to deal with crap up and down the east coast for several days.

I'm willing to bet that these flows and interview agreements don't provide much of an advantage. Perhaps, the percentages might be roughly the same with or without the agreements.

If you're lost on the SSP I can get you someone to talk to about it. Fair warning, he helped write the thing. Bring this attitude to him on the phone he's likely to hang up on you- then call me and ask me what the hell I was doing wasting his time.

If you have genuine questions on the SSP there are genuine answers. If you want to wallow that's your choice.

I understand the SSP just fine, and I'm not doubting the legitimacy of it. What I'm not holding my breath for is Delta out of the kindness of their hearts interviewing and/or hiring 50 Endeavor pilots a month even though the SSP has a limit at 12 that moves to 15 and eventually 20 ppm. I think pilotlight talking about 50/mo is crazy and hearing other peeps on the line convinced of the same thing is no way to plan a career. Because at min pilots a month for me it would be a little over 9 years before my interview at Daddy D. I'm not old by any means, but 9 years I sure as hell will be...

I understand the SSP just fine, and I'm not doubting the legitimacy of it. What I'm not holding my breath for is Delta out of the kindness of their hearts interviewing and/or hiring 50 Endeavor pilots a month even though the SSP has a limit at 12 that moves to 15 and eventually 20 ppm. I think pilotlight talking about 50/mo is crazy and hearing other peeps on the line convinced of the same thing is no way to plan a career. Because at min pilots a month for me it would be a little over 9 years before my interview at Daddy D. I'm not old by any means, but 9 years I sure as hell will be...

You'll be furloughed or working at a major by then. For some the SSP will work out great. Not for me or you but for others.

Back