Delta's success with the B717

I'll take a J328 over a Phenom every time. At least the 328 climbs faster than a DH8B. Heck I have to vector Phenoms out of the way of the PC12 behind them
Yup, 300 typical climb is 225/.605 if I remember right. Doesn't climb any worse at .7 though...

I'll take a J328 over a Phenom every time. At least the 328 climbs faster than a DH8B. Heck I have to vector Phenoms out of the way of the PC12 behind them

The Phenom's, Eclipses etc, at least as far as the FAA was/is concerned, were "JETS", just as much as a B757 was a jet. Jets go out certain gates, at major airports, at specific altitudes regardless if they sucked as a jets or not. It caused/causes major traffic jams and safety issues. If you think being a 75 restricted behind a 717 is bad, wait until youre intrail with a Phenom.

If the 717 was still in production, the regionals would be hosed. It fills a market sector that still hasn't been matched.
I've already noticed it taking a large amount of flying back that we use to do on the 7/900. Pretty much forcing us out east more while the 717 takes a lot of the west.

I've flown on it many times and at AirTran a couple times. I don't mind it at all.

I've already noticed it taking a large amount of flying back that we use to do on the 7/900. Pretty much forcing us out east more while the 717 takes a lot of the west.

I've flown on it many times and at AirTran a couple times. I don't mind it at all.

I don't like it in back. My knees always seem to be in the seat in front of me.

Only going to get worse for the regionals as the CS comes online. Plan to see the 7/900s flying what the CRJs are doing right now, and everything else being flown on mainline CS’s and 717s

Only going to get worse for the regionals as the CS comes online. Plan to see the 7/900s flying what the CRJs are doing right now, and everything else being flown on mainline CS’s and 717s
Yup that's what I figured as well. Which should be good news for us trying to move on, I think? Depends on if you're removing aircraft while putting new ones in?

Yup that's what I figured as well. Which should be good news for us trying to move on, I think? Depends on if you're removing aircraft while putting new ones in?

Latest I heard was the 757s and ERs sticking around to 2030. The writing is on the wall for the 88/90s by 2020-2023. CS’s start to show up EoY. New small and large Arbii deliveries continue.

All good news. You can take all the regional flying back, please and thank you! I'd love to be working for the company painted on the side of my airplane. I don't care if it's a bigfoot or a barbiejet.

I don't like it in back. My knees always seem to be in the seat in front of me.
That happens to me no matter the type plane. I have about the same amount of room irregardless if I'm in a CRJ or B777. Prolly varies based on carrier a little, but not very much

I do miss not having to really think about “are you able XXX by XXXXX” requests.

“Unable”
Quite the opposite now. Used to be drop the nose as quick as possible and maintain 250 below 10k, climb rate be damned.

Now it’s “request high speed climb” followed by “unable” (looking at YOU certain German Airport). “Guess we are leaving flaps 1 to 10k then.”

Had one of those requests from Shanwick the other day. Box thought .88 would do the trick. Wasn’t going to make it so we had to bump it up to .90 on the tracks to meet their request.

Quite the opposite now. Used to be drop the nose as quick as possible and maintain 250 below 10k, climb rate be damned.

Now it’s “request high speed climb” followed by “unable” (looking at YOU certain German Airport). “Guess we are leaving flaps 1 to 10k then.”

Had one of those requests from Shanwick the other day. Box thought .88 would do the trick. Wasn’t going to make it so we had to bump it up to .90 on the tracks to meet their request.

I don't even ask anymore in Germany. Not my gas.

And people drool of the Citation X.

Back