Latest Delta Rumors

If the new busiest month is March, what's the latest a new hire class could start and be on the line by March? I'm sure they don't want to start a class just to interrupt it for the holidays, but January seems a little tight to get those guys flying by March

Southernjets' bean counters love the A330's. If one goes down for maintenance, the OCC and GO freak and want us to get it back into service like yesterday! Please...no more 737-900! We need A321's or I wish Boeing would reopen the 757 line and hang some new more fuel efficient engines on it.

737-900ER is a bloody awful plane...flew on the ones at AS a few times...it's a poor attempt to replace the 757.

757 = badass airplane.

737-900ER = management's wet dream airplane

I've ridden the same route on both. Same pitch, same width, same block time (or close enough)

You're old and senile though ;)...and how many times have you sat on the JS between the two? 757 JS is far superiorto the 73's

Not taking into account the difference in pay between the 75/76 and the 73-9

You're old and senile though ;)...and how many times have you sat on the JS between the two? 757 JS is far superiorto the 73's

Not a chance! I'll take the middle jumpseat any day of the week on a 737 over the perch on a 757, which is all I saw on deltas 757's.

Not a chance! I'll take the middle jumpseat any day of the week on a 737 over the perch on a 757, which is all I saw on deltas 757's.

The "Eagle's Nest" is atleast somewhat comfortable, unlike that "bench with padding" in the 73. Also, I like being able to stay in my seat and not have to move if someone wants to get out of the cockpit for a potty break.

Mco-sea enough

This is the 737 to JS on. Short legs, and you can get up and walk around in flight and visit with the FA. It is my ride to and from work.
aircraft680-737-400combi.ashx

The 757 jumpseat is better, especially if there's a second jumpseat behind the center pedestal. 757 way back in row 32 (or whatever the last row is) is far worse than the 737.

Southernjets' bean counters love the A330's. If one goes down for maintenance, the OCC and GO freak and want us to get it back into service like yesterday! Please...no more 737-900! We need A321's or I wish Boeing would reopen the 757 line and hang some new more fuel efficient engines on it.

Yes. YES!!

I ride the 321 on USAir sometimes and it's a whole different experience than the -800. I've ridden in the back of a -900 once and it was like an Iron Maiden -- and I don't mean the rock band.

The 321 comfort wise is second to none, performance wise its like a crj 200 fully loaded out of denver in the summer.

Back