King School Instrument Kit (thoughts)

meyers9163

So I am about 20 hours into my IFR rating now and I just wonder how many people out there have used the King Books? I have the kit with the DVD's and am just wondering others thoughts on these. I personally like the text however really have a strong passionate dislike for the DVD's. Obviously I am unsure how it all turns out yet since I've not taken my checkride and still am a little ways away from that but I was just wondering what peoples thoughts might be on these. I really have enjoyed this book more than the Jep PPL but the DVD's just (if for no other word) "stink." Anyone else out there use these?

The DVDs are a bore but I found them helpfull. Id much rather listen to the Kings then read.

I think I'd much rather read.

If I have to listen to one more bad joke........
I only used the private kit, but I would watch the video and take the book with me to work. I soon realized that the book is almost word for word what is on the video, lame jokes and all.

I thought the kit was good insofar as it covered pretty much everything, but damn it was hard to stay awake, and Martha's giant red afro was trippin me out.

I acutally like Martha's "do"

Much more important than that, the DVDs do accentuate and help with the reading.

No, they won't make "Comedy Central" but I care more about flying.

Personally, I prefer the ASA videos. Though both can be extremely boring at times, I find the ASA videos a little more interesting...My .02 cents worth..

Just wondering if anyone was just able to read and do well? I personally think reading is what I do best and that the videos just put me to sleep. I really grasp a lot more from reading the book then the DVD's and think that's how I will approach it from now on. Anyone have advice on this or if they think not using the DVD's will hurt in the long run? Just wanting to do this the best way possible.

I'm a Jepp guy myself. I love the way they present the stuff and the way it's organized. Much more professional and not as hokey.

If Martha's fine ass doesn't motivate you, then nothing will. :sarcasm:

Mmmmm....

Martha.

barf2.gif
Martha

:)

I actually think they're kind of funny....however...HOWEVER

NOT WORTH $280

But I shouldn't be talking, I bought the Bose...

I actually think they're kind of funny....however...HOWEVER

NOT WORTH $280

But I shouldn't be talking, I bought the Bose...

I would agree not worth it but when its included in the package from the place you train and all you cant complain. I got a package of like 40 hours flight, 50 instruction and the books (in a glass cockpit) for like 5k. So I wont complain. Still curious what people think about strictly reading and then using the GLEIM and PTS in addition to it and say *screw* the videos/dvds?

I usually get the material by reading and not listenning. However, I think only few know about flight tech. I used their stuff for private and it was awesome. It is all audio accomponied with a book. For instance, just by driving to work and listening, plus some reading, I got easily 98 on my private written and I actually learned and understood a lot!
They are expensive, but worth it. Here is the link to IFR package:
http://flight-tech.com/instrument.html

I always watch the King videos and combine it with the Gleim CD. I go through the videos and answer every question on the Gleim CD so I can get the sign-off to take the written. I never used the book. Always made in the 90's.

Back