Jetblue finally caved...

Depends on what you're streaming, I guess. I watched an entire streaming soccer match on the free wi-fi. MOST people will stick with the free option. I mean, there's going to (eventually) be 100+ channels of DirecTV. If you really need to stream something on your device other than something there (or the movies which cost less than the hyper-fast streaming), then I guess sure. SWA charged (I think) $8 for wi-fi last time I was on there, and it wasn't all that hot. Don't get me started on GoGo Inflight. Unless that's had a major overhaul in the past couple of years, I wouldn't pay for that with someone else's money.
Our airplane uses GoGo. Seems to work fine for us.

The quality of the internet connection with GoGo (either in the plane or sometimes even in the terminal) has never matched the price they charge in my opinion.

When I'm on an airplane for 4 hours, and my choices are no internet for $0, or $15.99 for decent GoGo internet, I'm paying the $15.99, and damned glad I had the option to do so.

Do I really need to bust out the Louis C.K. "you're on a chair....in the sky" routine?

When I'm on an airplane for 4 hours, and my choices are no internet for $0, or $15.99 for decent GoGo internet, I'm paying the $15.99, and damned glad I had the option to do so.

Do I really need to bust out the Louis C.K. "you're on a chair....in the sky" routine?
Is that for business or pleasure? If I needed to do something online I would, but if it's just to make fun of your hamster, I'll stick with movies on my iPad.

Is that for business or pleasure? If I needed to do something online I would, but if it's just to make fun of your hamster, I'll stick with movies on my iPad.

Both.

And the hamster is not amused:

20485_10152345272755099_899602908_n.jpg

GoGo has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes it works well and other times it is dropping connections or has no service after taking my cash.

SWA internet is more stable but slow if the majority of the plane is on it. I was able to use slingbox on a swa flight and it only buffered twice in 3 hours.

ATN_Pilot said:
Nah, she came with the name. She was a year old when I got her. I'm usually a "dogs should have dog names" kind of person, but figured it would mess with her head to change her name after a year. :)

That's a very pretty cat you have there. FWIW, my childhood dog was named Bugsy when we adopted him at 1.5yrs of age. He caught on to his new name within a month. However, Murphy wasn't too far removed from his former name.

Back