JC Surfers?

I know you're just kidding, but man, I'll give you a crisp Benjamin note if you can stand on this thing for more than 30 seconds the first time out. :)

I'll take that bet, my good man. Throw in The post-surf Mexican food too!

Truth be told I've very much enjoyed the paddle boarding I've done, I just haven't had the chance to try it in the lineup yet. But that doesn't mean I won't endlessly give you crap for it until I try it myself!

I'll take that bet, my good man. Throw in The post-surf Mexican food too!

Truth be told I've very much enjoyed the paddle boarding I've done, I just haven't had the chance to try it in the lineup yet. But that doesn't mean I won't endlessly give you crap for it until I try it myself!
Don't worry, if we go surf Pipes again soon, you can be assured I'll have my surfboard, not the SUP. I don't take the SUP near regular surfers; damn thing is like cheating with how early it gets into waves. ;)

Don't worry, if we go surf Pipes again soon, you can be assured I'll have my surfboard, not the SUP. I don't take the SUP near regular surfers; damn thing is like cheating with how early it gets into waves. ;)
uploadfromtaptalk1451369498633.jpg

I know, I know, it's a cheap shot but it had to be done!

View attachment 33868

I know, I know, it's a cheap shot but it had to be done!
You've got it all wrong, man!

500px-S8-HQ-Janitor.jpg

Anyway, I know exactly what it's like to sit there annoyed at a SUP paddling up to the pole position out of nowhere, so I intentionally go waaaaay outside of everyone if I pass a lineup. As if to to say "Hey, I'm not competing with you guys... Just on my merry way! (But don't follow me to these empty peaks up the beach nobody seems to want to paddle to)." :D

Our homeboy comes of age........

Here he is surfing the HB pier back in 2007 when he was just 10 years old

1318099276_28764eee33.jpg

And now.....

first-the-world-tour-next-up-waimea.JPG

kanoa-stands-tall-at-backdoor-eyes-off-2016.JPG

At just 18 years old, he now qualifies for the World Surf League’s Championship Tour

It's a dream at least 12 years in the making. Once a child surfing prodigy, a Huntington Beach surfer is now on his way to possibly becoming a world champion.

KTLA first met Kanoa Igarashi when he was just 6 years old. At the time, the already gifted surfer had only participated in the water sport for about three years.

In that televised interview, he spoke of of being one of the youngest surfers in the world, and of practicing out on the water before going to elementary school for the day. As he spoke of his passion, Igarashi already knew that someday he wanted to be a world champion.

Fast forward 12 years. Igarashi, now 18, is creeping closer to that dream after qualifying for the World Surf League Championship Tour. "I've dedicated my whole life to this, and just to be there now and see all the hard work paying off ... I feel really proud of myself," he told KTLA in a recent interview.

Igarashi continues to show he's mature beyond his years, qualifying for surfing's elite Dream Tour, and doing so at such a young age. "It's just crazy to think I'm on tour with Kelly Slater. He's 44 years old now. I'm 18," he said. "To put things into perspective, he won his first world title ... the year I was born."

The accomplished surfer is also meeting his goals out of the water, including receiving his GED when he was just 16. He hopes to one day take college architecture classes when he's not traveling the world to compete. And if those achievements are not impressive enough, the young man also supports his entire family.

"I'm really happy I can be able to support them ... without them, I wouldn't be here right now," he said of his mother, father and younger brother.

At the same spot in Huntington Beach where he was first spoke of his dream at the age of 6, Igarashi re-watched the interview, which aired on the KTLA 5 Morning News Show, and remarked on his growth and accomplishments.

"The first thing that comes into my head is the fact that in this interview, I said, 'My goal is to be a world champion.' And what I think is really cool is that hasn't changed," he said. Igarashi continued his preparations for the world tour, and is on a strict regimen of surfing and training. He said that even if the championship doesn't happen this year, he's committed to making that dream come true.

Last edited:
"We all come from the sea, but we are not all of the sea. Those of us who are, we children of the tides, must return to it again and again, until the day we don't come back leaving only that which was touched along the way." Frosty Hesson

frosty-300x195.gif

The Mighty Mavericks 2016

Red Bull Mavericks 2014

June 15, 2016
Surfing Meets Flying
World champion surfer Kelly Slater took his first flight lessons in the Quest Kodiak turboprop, ferrying some of the world’s top surfers (and his investors) to the secret opening of his man-made Surf Ranch wave pool in Central California.
By Plane & Pilot Magazine

For Slater, an 11-time world champion surfer, earning his private pilot’s license has been a desire for a long time. While planning to do flyovers of his new Surf Ranch wave pool and the solar panels that power it in Lemoore, California, Slater thought there was no time like the now to get started, and the team at Quest was more than happy to assist.

quest-slater-1-650.jpg

Kelly Slater and the Quest Kodiak
Photo by Todd Glaser
The intersection of surfing and flying might seem strange partners, but the Quest offers a good value proposition, with good speed, a surfboard-friendly cabin, luxury seating and low operating costs.

quest-slater-3-650.jpg

Kelly Slater flying the Quest Kodiak
Photo by Todd Glaser
The rugged 10-seat turboprop needs less than 1,000 for takeoff at max weight and it can climb at over 1,300 feet per minute. The landing gear and 19-inch propeller clearance allow the Kodiak to easily handle touchdown, anything from airports to unimproved airstrips to gravel bars, getting pilots on the ground even when there isn’t much real estate to work with, as is the case with many strips close to the waves, but far from larger airports.

quest-slater-2-web-640x273.jpg

Kelly Slater and demo pilot Mark Brown
Photo by Todd Glaser
Check out Kelly Slater’s Surf Ranch. Yes, we want to go, too.

Kelly's Wave from Kelly Slater Wave Co on Vimeo.

Learn more about the Quest Kodiak at questaircraft.com.

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/article/surfing-meets-flying/#.V2fufeYrKRt

Back