Interview at SouthernJets

Sorry to hear the news man. They really missed out on having you. This thread shows the value of friends and the power of networking. You'll get there.

Not really, we just feel sorry for the big loser:sarcasm:
7d31d86f.gif
smileylaugh10.gif

Hey Mark,

I'm sorry to hear the news man and I know you must be dissapointed but there are some positives things you can take from this. You've now been through an interview at a major airline. Even though it didn't turn out as you or any of us had hoped, the fact you know what a major interview is like will only make you better for the next one.

Keep up the hard work!

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job man. Look at the bright side though, you did make it to an interview at a Legacy within 4 years. I think thats amazing:nana2: The experience you gained will help you nail the next one! Good luck when the time comes.

I have been hearing about you from my aunt and cousin, Mike and Mary McCann. I am finally putting the pieces together. You are an example of someone doing it right. I am a few years behind you, but hope to follow in your footsteps.

My family keeps telling me about this guy Mark they know that got a job right out of college. They keep asking me what is taking so long. Maybe if I had found jetcareers a few years earlier :) Keep up the good work you are a great lead to follow. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Since your story is really the only experience my family has with pilots earlier in their careers the expectations were set high!

-Jason

I have been hearing about you from my aunt and cousin, Mike and Mary McCann. I am finally putting the pieces together. You are an example of someone doing it right. I am a few years behind you, but hope to follow in your footsteps.

My family keeps telling me about this guy Mark they know that got a job right out of college. They keep asking me what is taking so long. Maybe if I had found jetcareers a few years earlier :) Keep up the good work you are a great lead to follow. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Since your story is really the only experience my family has with pilots earlier in their careers the expectations were set high!

-Jason

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! SMALL WORLD!!!!!!! I was a year ahead of him in High School and his mom and my mom are friends! I played football with him. We where chemistry partners (almost blew up the school) and had other classes together!

How is he doing? What is he up to? Are you from Jersey?

Mark...

I was sorry to hear about the outcome of your interview as you are well aware. I agree with others that have said that the experience itself will better prepare you for future interviews. I have in the past tried to "pay it forward" as much as possible and I would do the same for any other the users here as I did for you.

Keep your chin up and I am sure there is another opportunity waiting for you soon..

D

SEGG....

Bud, I'll echo the sentiments that you've heard many times already....sorry to hear about the interview. Not being a good match for the company seems to be a poor out for them--one of the things I don't like when I read over different interview experiences and when folks don't get hired--the company doesn't provide positive honest feedback. After all, if there were to say "Mark, this is what we are wanting to see--do this, this, this, and this...then reapply and you will be more competitive. Unfortunately, you sit here now without a clue as to what they meant. You will have many bright opportunities in your future....one thing I know for sure, you have a passion for what you do and will take every opportunity to pass that on to whoever you meet--that is golden. You go out of your way to make those around you better as it should be obvious by the support you get from JC members. As SKY COUGAR pointed out--she's never met you, but look at the observation she made of you as well as many others. That's real my man, that's real.....you will go far in this career, so keep your chin up and march on. Set yourself up for the next interview and press on with your dreams.

Pac Man

Seggy,

Sorry to hear the news. Believe that things happen for a reason, and that there is something bigger, and better out there for you. And, if Delta is your goal, apply again.

"One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone to something better."
~ Col. Harland Sanders

Seggy, you have given me some great advice, and truly been a great motivation, and inspiration for me, whether you know that, or not! I know that you will achieve your goal, just keep at it!

-Chris

Seggs you are da man. You interviewed at a major airline just a few years after learning how to fly. Congrats on being such a great example to us by moving so quickly and being so motivated. I'm sorry big D missed their chance with you this time around.

Congrats on the interview, bro. I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I read about a pending Southernjets interview. I was stoked for ya!

SJI has definitely missed the boat on this one.

Better luck elsewhere at an organization that realizes talent when it sees it.

Congrats on the interview, bro. I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I read about a pending Southernjets interview. I was stoked for ya!

SJI has definitely missed the boat on this one.

Better luck elsewhere at an organization that realizes talent when it sees it.
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Seggy, sorry to hear about not getting the job. Just use that interview for expeirence. Things happen for a reason.

A while ago DL got a bug up their butt about Doug referencing DL in any way. (Pictures, words, whatever) To "distance" himself from DL, the reference of SouthernJets was invented, and all pictorial usage of DL logos was ceased.

A while ago DL got a bug up their butt about Doug referencing DL in any way. (Pictures, words, whatever) To "distance" himself from DL, the reference of SouthernJets was invented, and all pictorial usage of DL logos was ceased.

Thanks for the info! I figured there was probably a reason for it.

Seggy-

I PM'd you...

As someone who is "living the dream!"....

I want to respond so that all JC'ers can see.........

My dream was to fly for United Airlines........

I grew up in Chicago and thought UAL was the way to go....

When I got out off of active duty in the Navy in 1987 my list was UAL, Delta, Northwest, Continetal, & USAir...

USAir was the first to call me for an interview & hire me....

Eventually I figured out USAir was not for me......

I interviewed at Delta, got hired, and got furloughed 18 months later.........................

While furloughed from Delta I got a chance to interview at United and was rejected...................

My point?????????????????????????????????

I am so glad now that I didn't get hired at UAL..................

But at the time I was crushed...

Keep your head up and keep going, you never know (until you retire) what the best move is.................

You will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Back