Interview at SouthernJets

Seggy

I have a lot to say here so bear with me a little bit....

When I came to jetcareers.com in my junior year of college in January of 2004, I knew what I wanted in my life. I knew I wanted to one day make it to a legacy airline as a pilot. I knew what I wanted, but had NO idea how to get there. I started reading, listening, and using jetcareers.com to start my journey.

I'll never forget when I was on my way to Vegas in October of 2004 for NJC. I had absolutely NO idea what to expect with meeting my 'internet friends'. NEVER in a million years would I have thought it would lead to an interview at SouthernJets.

Yes, we do have our differences on here. Yes, we don't always get along on line, but in the end we are a community that resides in Doug and Kristie's living room. Not are we only a community, but we are a community network who HELP others achieve their goals, no matter what they might be.

Through this wonderful website, I have met some of my best friends in life. I have made contacts that can help pretty much anyone at any level of this career and passion, with employment opportunities. I have met people who support others in their goals, and those who also want help in achieving their goals. This website has some great people on here.

We must not lose sight of this. We must remember why we are here. To HELP each other achieve our goals we have as community members.

Doug Taylor provided me an opportunity to reach my goal of becoming a pilot at a legacy airline...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topics/58235-potential-new-southernjetter.html

Since that time countless others on here have gave their support to me in guiding me through the interview and process at his legacy. That was a month ago and yesterday I had the opportunity to try to achieve my goal. Yesterday, I interviewed at SouthernJets.

Unfortunately, I have not achieved my ultimate goal, yet. I passed the testing part of the process, but in the end, after my interview, I was told that "I do not fit the culture of SouthernJets."

Even though I am disappointed, I know that through Jetcareers other opportunities will open up to help me achieve my goals. If I can be provided this opportunity any one on here can be as well.

Thank you jetcareers.com, Doug, Kristie, the moderators, and of course everyone else on here for providing me an opportunity to interview. Thank you to all of you who took the time to help me prepare for my day yesterday.

Folks, this career is all about networking. Sign up for NJC '08

http://www.jetcareers.com/index.phpoption=com_attend_events&task=view&id=6&Itemid=211

In the end, I did not achieve my ultimate goal, yet. I am in a good position to one day soon achieve it. I am in this position thanks to jetcareers.com

Don't forget to 'pay it forward'.

Thank you again jetcareers.com.

Hey better luck next time, there is somewhere out there for ya just around the corner. Great post by the way, the circle keeps on going round... See you at NJC 08

Good post Seggy. I am really sorry that you didn't get the job at Southernjets. But hey, things happen for a reason, I'm sure you'll get a job at a legacy soon. Keep your head up.....

Jesse

When is the "you've been Punk'd" announcement coming?

Uh, Where to begin.

This is tough. At Pat's last week I could see in you how much hope you had for your future and the chance to become a SouthernJetter. I'm sure you had that same hope at the last interview that you went to that turned out unsuccessful. If you had been hired there, right now you very likely could be unemployed. This means SouthernJets will merge, cancel all classes and furlough.:D

Things happen for a reason, This door got slammed in your face but there is one down the hall that is even grander and will be held open for you.

On a lighter note, i know someone that failed an Office Depot interview yesterday. How that happens, I have no idea. My Godfather interviewed with NJI a week ago and heard the bad news yesterday too. You are not alone in this job search failure group.

Case in point about this 'pay it forward' and helping each other out attitude on here.

A member just called me (who did not read this post) and asked if I would be interested in a corporate gig.

All because you could not say Ya'll? Everyone KNOWS New Yorkers cannot say Ya'll!!! ;)

Well sorry to hear that Mark. Someday soon, I have NO doubt you will achieve your goal. That airline will be better off for having made the decision to bring you aboard.

All because you could not say Ya'll? Everyone KNOWS New Yorkers cannot say Ya'll!!! ;)

Well sorry to hear that Mark. Someday soon, I have NO doubt you will achieve your goal. That airline will be better off for having made the decision to bring you aboard.

I agree, I dont know what they mean by "sorry you dont fit the culture here" Whats that about? Hey Seggy thats good about the Corporate gig, but is that what you want to do? Of I dont know for sure, but it seems like you'd rather be a Major \ Legacy pilot. Whatever happends I'm sure brighter days are ahead.

Jesse

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned. I know everyone has said it, but everything happens for a reason. At some point later in life you'll think to yourself, wow I'm so glad I didn't take the job at SouthernJets.

Have you ever thought about flying for Airways?

All because you could not say Ya'll? Everyone KNOWS New Yorkers cannot say Ya'll!!! ;).

Seggy is from New Jersey, as am I. Let's not get that confused! :buck:

Don't let it get you down. Like I told you yesterday, I got the boot from both NW and UAL before I got hired by AA.

I was depressed the whole rest of the day yesterday....... :(

Sorry to hear that bro. I was really pulling for you. You'll have another chance and another opportunity. This just sucks because I know what you're going through at CJ. Thats why I was hoping you'd get this. Everything happens for a reason. Fly safe!

Keep yah head up Segs! It seems like you learned a lot. Just take that into the next interview and rock!

How the heck did you get so far ahead of me? You upgraded like two months before I transitioned over to the Beech 99 and I'm estimating another year and some months before I hit minimums. :insane:

Keep grinding dude!:rawk:

It was a depressing day after I got the text message from you yesterday, Seggy. I was really hoping it would happen for you. But like others have said, things happen for a reason. I'm sure another great opportunity will present itself soon. Keep your app updated at all of the carriers you're interested in, and you'll have that career job before you know it. Still plenty of legacies left. United, NWA, CAL, etc...

It's just like you Mark to take the shot you took and then come on here spouting your love for this community with a great attitude, and an eye toward the future.

I loves me some seggy:rawk:

Sorry about the news, but I think Delta missed the boat on this one bro.:mad:

It's just like you Mark to take the shot you took and then come on here spouting your love for this community with a great attitude, and an eye toward the future.

I loves me some seggy:rawk:

Sorry about the news, but I think Delta missed the boat on this one bro.:mad:

I couldn't agree more!

Seggy's da man!

Back