Interview at SouthernJets

My God, Seggy! I had NO idea. I guess that explains why you weren't able to meet me when I was up in ALB Monday. I really wish the outcome was better, but I'm a true believer in things happening for a reason. Don't make yourself crazy trying to figure out what happened. As many others have already said, there's simply no rhyme or reason as to why companies hire people. Like Amber, I applied at both CO and UA before getting hired and it's always a blow when you don't get the job, especially when you think you interviewed well. Like a wise old Captain told me, though, if you're "not what they're looking for" at that particular hiring stage, you're SOL.
I'm sure something bigger and better will come along. You have a great attitude and that will be appreciated by the right airline! Delta made a big mistake, but you already knew that, right? ;)

I'm so bummed for ya, segs.

Sorry to hear about this let down. Don't worry, good stuff is headed your way, including a valentine card from me. <3

Who knows, but maybe ask DT about not having jet time pre southernjets!

;)
That was also what, 12 yrs ago? Prior to the proliferation of RJs. Jet time may have a lot to do with it, particularly when lots of guys have it now.

Anyway, Segs is a resilient mofo, I'm sure he'll bounce back to something bigger'n better.

Mark, I was really excited when I saw the thread title and now I am sad for you...

Keep following the path of happiness, my friend.

Well, like staplegun said, one door closes another door opens.

Even though I am disappointed, got word yesterday that I am going to be in a check airman class Tuesday for the Beech. Of course this can change, but having this opportunity will do a much better job of securing future opportunities!

Off to Key West! :bandit:

Well, like staplegun said, one door closes another door opens.

Even though I am disappointed, got word yesterday that I am going to be in a check airman class Tuesday for the Beech. Of course this can change, but having this opportunity will do a much better job of securing future opportunities!

Off to Key West! :bandit:

God help the new FOs and CAs. :)

Segs, you'll be alright. Just remember the line from Animal House:

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Nothing is over until WE say its over!"

Keep trying. DAL ain't the only game in town.

Sorry to hear you didnt get it man. That sucks. Like others have said, stay positive and good will follow.

Great attitude Seggy!! I'm so sorry that did not work out. I don't know you personally, but from what I see here I think you will find/deserve something that will be a good fit.

Mark,

Bad, bad news, but don't let it get you down. These things usually happen for a reason... I remember a bit over a year ago when you were helping me through an interview at Colgan that I aced. (except for the sim portion - which I didn't do well on at all) When they didn't offer me the job I was really bummed but, I was able to get another Beech gig a bit closer to home a couple of months later.

You told me to take as much from the experience as I could and apply it to the next interview. I hope that you will be able to do the same and keep your chin up... it sucks now, but will get better soon.

Back