Future freight dog

I'm pretty sure no one does that anymore. It's hilariously worthless time to. Locking you into that company forever because no one will count a bunch of your time towards a better job. ACE and Ryan hire some pretty low time guys as SIC's on CASAs and 1900s though. Penair has a couple of Saabs under 135.
I see, thanks. I'm just researching my options to get in the darn caravan.

Figure I would chime in albeit a bit late. I did instruct for two years then flew aerial survey for a while. I had good times at both. I wouldn't trade my CFI time for anything. I learned a lot as an instructor. Most importantly I reinforced the basics of flying a airplane to my students and myself for 900 hours. You learn to gauge srm and adm and then are able to apply it to your own flying. My time flying survey was great for time building and I got to fly in some of the busiest airspace in the us. It was good experience but again it built upon the foundation that cfiing gave me. I'm now just starting at air net and in my first week flying a line I've dealt with thunderstorms, icing, and tons of imc. Figure out what will give you the best base for your flying ability and go from there.

Figure I would chime in albeit a bit late. I did instruct for two years then flew aerial survey for a while. I had good times at both. I wouldn't trade my CFI time for anything. I learned a lot as an instructor. Most importantly I reinforced the basics of flying a airplane to my students and myself for 900 hours. You learn to gauge srm and adm and then are able to apply it to your own flying. My time flying survey was great for time building and I got to fly in some of the busiest airspace in the us. It was good experience but again it built upon the foundation that cfiing gave me. I'm now just starting at air net and in my first week flying a line I've dealt with thunderstorms, icing, and tons of imc. Figure out what will give you the best base for your flying ability and go from there.
Thanks for your advice. I'm going the CFI route myself. I'm just about ready to take the written exam. While my limited options are open for the meanwhile , the CFI is my short term goal ( but I am excited and motivated to teach) and after a few years or so I'll get my dream job of flying boxes in the caravan. I'm a pretty simple dude.

Thanks for your advice. I'm going the CFI route myself. I'm just about ready to take the written exam. While my limited options are open for the meanwhile , the CFI is my short term goal ( but I am excited and motivated to teach) and after a few years or so I'll get my dream job of flying boxes in the caravan. I'm a pretty simple dude.

I'm in a similar point of view, I even have the FedEx Feeder Caravans as my wallpaper, too bad the mins are so high.

I'm in a similar point of view, I even have the FedEx Feeder Caravans as my wallpaper, too bad the mins are so high.
Interesting! Well then we just have good taste. I can't wait until the day comes when I get to spend the rest of my career driving a fedex caravan.

I'm pretty sure no one does that anymore. It's hilariously worthless time to. Locking you into that company forever because no one will count a bunch of your time towards a better job. ACE and Ryan hire some pretty low time guys as SIC's on CASAs and 1900s though. Penair has a couple of Saabs under 135.
Dont know how I missed this. But yes, ERA still does the 208 right seat program. That is where most low time guys go. Or even high time guys with no Alaska time.

Dont know how I missed this. But yes, ERA still does the 208 right seat program. That is where most low time guys go. Or even high time guys with no Alaska time.
No worries, and yes I emailed a few operators up in Alaska and they all discontinued the sic program however , one operator mentioned that they would ask ERA because he said they still offered it.

No worries, and yes I emailed a few operators up in Alaska and they all discontinued the sic program however , one operator mentioned that they would ask ERA because he said they still offered it.
Yep. Very rarely do I see an ERA caravan with one pilot up here.

Yep. Very rarely do I see an ERA caravan with one pilot up here.

Does Bering have SIC's in the van? One trip in a 950 and you will never think about getting into a 675. As much as I would love a indentured loader... er I mean copilot... we have no right seat gauges.

Does Bering have SIC's in the van? One trip in a 950 and you will never think about getting into a 675. As much as I would love a indentured loader... er I mean copilot... we have no right seat gauges.
Bering is all single pilot in the vans. But I hear they are very nicely equipped inside.

Back