Furlough Over

Copperhed51

Well, after my roller coaster year getting hired at Trans States then promptly getting furloughed after only a couple months on the line, I am finally back to flying again. I interviewed at Great Lakes last week and got offered the Feb 2nd class and am feeling super lucky to have the opportunity. I understand the contract and the QOL at Lakes and I'm very cool with all of that so this is a great feeling for me. I know there's some other guys from my college that got hired there too so congrats to them and welcome to the 121 world.

Kinda funny, my hire date at Trans Mistakes was 2/4/08 and at Great Mistakes it's 2/2/09. Almost exactly a year...just hope the furloughs don't follow this same trend. For those that are curious, my times were around 600TT, 400multi, 150SIC in the EMB-145, not a CFI. I applied back in August, shortly after my furlough.

Well, congrats and welcome back to the employed segment of our society.

Enjoy the new gig, I've heard there are a lot of great people over at Great Lakes. Get in, get out, party hard.

Congrats, have fun

If your on the Great Lakes Forum(readytocopy.com), Please....update the Gouge, its about two years old.:D

Welcome to Lakes! I'll be in sims when you get there. Lakes is a fun company minus the work rules and pay. They're switching who is teaching indoc and systems around from my class. You'll have Scott for systems...hes cool ####. He was my indoc instructor.

BTW...you'll figure this out when you get here...meow.

Another note: Wednesdays at the training hotel, the hotel buys us free beer for an hour. Drink up.

Hey Dave, I haven't had a chance to say 'congrats' on getting hired! Make sure to stop by Shoreline sometime and tell me all about it :). And congrats to you too, Copperhead!

Congrats....I have heard by several different ex-lakers that they have great crews. Good luck over there.

Congrats, my buddy is going to be in the same class. Can't say I am not jealous, here I am about to reactivate to active duty for a year since working as a CFI isn't much good when there aren't any students.....

Well, after my roller coaster year getting hired at Trans States then promptly getting furloughed after only a couple months on the line, I am finally back to flying again. I interviewed at Great Lakes last week and got offered the Feb 2nd class and am feeling super lucky to have the opportunity. I understand the contract and the QOL at Lakes and I'm very cool with all of that so this is a great feeling for me. I know there's some other guys from my college that got hired there too so congrats to them and welcome to the 121 world.

Kinda funny, my hire date at Trans Mistakes was 2/4/08 and at Great Mistakes it's 2/2/09. Almost exactly a year...just hope the furloughs don't follow this same trend. For those that are curious, my times were around 600TT, 400multi, 150SIC in the EMB-145, not a CFI. I applied back in August, shortly after my furlough.

Congratulations. Are you in Denver? We'll have to get a beer.

Back