Express Jet Passenger Service

Perhaps you should just shut <edited> up and enjoy the free ride.

I used to ride XJet as much as I could, it was like a private jet ride when I was based in the Midwest. I feel bad though, it used to be the best regional and I have a few friends from the Socal area, they really worked hard to be at XJet and put in time, money and effort to be there.

XJT branded was a horrible idea which was executed quite well by the employees. I told myself when it started I'd be thrilled if it made it 2 years, and it made 75% of that. Yeah the food wasn't great but it's better than what you get on most other airlines (nothing). Trust me I've done a TON of deadheading over the past year and I'll take a seat on an xjet branded flight over just about any other domestic coach seat, and I think I'd feel that way even if I wasn't biased. I loved the XM too, but the fact that I had my own in-ear-monitors to block out the noise of the aircraft probably helped.

Kudos to the F/A's, rampers, agents, and pilots who made this thing happen for 18 months and their coex brothers and sisters who subsidized it. In the end it was still a bad idea and all the dedication in the world can't change the economic principles of supply and demand as it relates to energy and travel. Economics aside, sure, the airline had problems like any other but at the end of the day I think xjet made a lot of travlers happy, if not for the quality of the service, at least for the direct flights and cheap tickets. Helluva way to burn through $150 million in a year and a half.

Not only that, but my flight on Sunday, the crew was true professionals. I have been on other large carriers as a pax, when bad news was coming down, and the crew took it out on the pax. Not this ExpressJet crew. Yeah the food is below average, but it was free, and it was cheaper to have a cocktail on the airplane than it was at the hotel.

I used to ride XJet as much as I could, it was like a private jet ride when I was based in the Midwest. I feel bad though, it used to be the best regional and I have a few friends from the Socal area, they really worked hard to be at XJet and put in time, money and effort to be there.

What the heck, are you bipolar?

Just went from knocking them to praising them. Go back to a.net please.

I could understand the branded being shut down, but I was totally surprised by the DL agreement. At least the Charter division is doing well enough to increase the fleet.

Back