Delta Psychological Eval Lawsuit?

Yeah, I don't think anybody has gotten the hiring formula 100% correct, but that's probably because of a combination of things. People may complain about the HR professionals and the lawyers but you can't 100% trust pilots to hire properly, either (because then it's just 100% nepotism and good ol' boys club etc). But a human resources degree gives you absolutely no idea how to hire somebody you won't mind spending 4 days with.

Give me 15 minutes upon stepping into the flight deck and I can already get a very accurate feel for what kind of guy I’m with. If only there was some way to translate that to an interview because this is the guy you’re gonna fly with.

Problem with the current interview methods are the NUMEROUS interview prep companies that take $400-1,000+ to “prepare” a candidate. Basically, how to play the game that is the current airline pilot interview process. People who have no business being hired are helped and coached just enough to fool the process and get hired. On the flip side of the coin, some really good guys end up having a bad day and don’t get hired.

“Kinda”

Generally, even at a job fair, I can tell:

1. If you’ve used a professional prep service
  2. Who you prepped with
  3. If you’re telling someone else’s story.

There’s not only interview prep, there are also companies offering and making money on “Job Fair prep.”

Sheesh! And nervous applicants and those who are completely risk averse plop down the Benjamins.

There’s not only interview prep, there are also companies offering and making money on “Job Fair prep.”

Sheesh! And nervous applicants and those who are completely risk averse plop down the Benjamins.
Smh at “job fair prep”. As I get closer to my DGI I’m amazed at the money people are spending on some prep companies. I understand wanting to be able to tell your story without rambling on about irrelevant nonsense but from what I gathered some of it is highway robbery.

I heard there was one consulting gig ran by a Fedex pilot(?) (now fired) that got applicants to take snapshots of the United Hogan answers they did, and at the time when submitting the screen would quickly flash whether it was pass or fail... either that or the applicant would wait to hear back they passed or failed the Hogan. The answers provided and whether they were nay/yea on the overall Hogan allowed this interview consultant group to basically “sell” a product that would get you to pass the Hogan.

Now some of the details may be sketchy or I’ve gotten wrong, but that’s my understanding of how it went down. Not sure if he was a Fedex pilot, but when he was fired, he was accused of violating a company’s hiring process and cheating the interview process for potential applicants. At the time I thought that an interview prep by itself shouldn’t be cheating the process because everyone does it and there at least a half dozen companies offering so. But this company pushed things beyond the line.

I heard there was one consulting gig ran by a Fedex pilot(?) (now fired) that got applicants to take snapshots of the United Hogan answers they did, and at the time when submitting the screen would quickly flash whether it was pass or fail... either that or the applicant would wait to hear back they passed or failed the Hogan. The answers provided and whether they were nay/yea on the overall Hogan allowed this interview consultant group to basically “sell” a product that would get you to pass the Hogan.

Now some of the details may be sketchy or I’ve gotten wrong, but that’s my understanding of how it went down. Not sure if he was a Fedex pilot, but when he was fired, he was accused of violating a company’s hiring process and cheating the interview process for potential applicants. At the time I thought that an interview prep by itself shouldn’t be cheating the process because everyone does it and there at least a half dozen companies offering so. But this company pushed things beyond the line.
:eek2: After reading about the hogan it doesn’t seem like something you can really study for. Either you make good decisions and have a good personality or you don’t. Maybe I’m making it seem too easy ‍♂️.

“Kinda”

Generally, even at a job fair, I can tell:

1. If you’ve used a professional prep service
  2. Who you prepped with
  3. If you’re telling someone else’s story.
Step one is to actually have some goddamned flying stories, of course.

Back