Delta hiring slowing?

Dumb reasoning. You could use that for anything. “YOLO - Pull your 401K for a down payment on a second home.”
1704035078737.gif

Tell what? It’s just math. There are thousands of twenty-somethings at the junior end of every legacy seniority list now. The movement will be slow-going. If you’ve already got a good job the math on jumping ship isn’t as cut-and-dry as it was 2 years ago, hell even one year ago.
It depends. I'd already infinitely more happy at 90 something percent company wide than I was getting relatively senior at my ULCC that seems to be in pretty dire straits at the moment. As it looks right now I won't crack the top 1,000 before I retire, but I'm struggling to think if that's something that even really matters in the long run. Maybe I won't retire top wide body captain in my base, but the earnings potential (and work rules, 401k, etc) are more than enough to live well.

It depends. I'd already infinitely more happy at 90 something percent company wide than I was getting relatively senior at my ULCC that seems to be in pretty dire straits at the moment. As it looks right now I won't crack the top 1,000 before I retire, but I'm struggling to think if that's something that even really matters in the long run. Maybe I won't retire top wide body captain in my base, but the earnings potential (and work rules, 401k, etc) are more than enough to live well.
Oh for sure, and I’d probably do the same. My point was it’s just not an automatic yes today like it was a year ago. There’s a lot to weigh out in that decision.

I just left seven years seniority at a ULCC for a legacy job. Should I have done it earlier? Sure - easy to say that now. But being senior at a sinking ship is not a pleasant way to live. Maybe I’ll end up furloughed in a couple years? I don’t know. But with 30 years left to go, I had to face some hard realities. Watching my ULCC struggle to make money during some of the best travel demand years in history was very sobering to me. I’m just hoping now that everything holds together for a while.

I just left seven years seniority at a ULCC for a legacy job. Should I have done it earlier? Sure - easy to say that now. But being senior at a sinking ship is not a pleasant way to live. Maybe I’ll end up furloughed in a couple years? I don’t know. But with 30 years left to go, I had to face some hard realities. Watching my ULCC struggle to make money during some of the best travel demand years in history was very sobering to me. I’m just hoping now that everything holds together for a while.
Basically this. the seniority of the ULCC became not worth the stress. QUICKLY. Hindsight I'd have tried to blow in 2021 but at that point it was still a pretty good job.

(I suspect we left the same place)

Fingers crossed for you!

No way @Richman , the best deal around is “war reenactment”…all of the glory, none of the danger…perfect way to start off a bonfire night on the beach, conversations about your “combat experience”
Look it man. Just stop embarrassing yourself. If you served, thank for your service.

Call of Duty does NOT constitute having a military background. Sitting behind a screen with a joystick in the comfort of your home is just that, playing a game. In my case, I spent 6 months learning all about the Army. We practiced marching, maneuvers, tactics and wore real Army uniforms, right down to military issue boots. Essentially I went through a mini bootcamp. In my role, I was a corporal that earned a battlefield promotion to sergeant. I was also part of one the largest re-enactments ever with over 450 participants. In this re-enactment, we were pinned down in a firebase and got overrun by a company of NVA regulars and a platoon of VC. Almost all of our re-enactments were held at dusk or at night. Believe me, seeing the whites of the enemy's eyes at night as they charged over sandbags into the firebase was very real. This is why I claim a military background because that was my life for 6 months.

I guess when someone cries “recession!” enough repeatedly eventually they get to go “see? I told you so!”
Yep! Hoping the world crashes so you can be right is a weird flex. I’ve seen a few people here essentially betting that pax carriers are going to furlough in the next 6/mo since the SWA TA has come out.

Back