Delta hiring slowing?

FlyinSol0

“Only 1,100” in 2024, the horror!
IMG_0403.jpeg

That's an alarming trend from 2023. If it continues, they'll stop hiring altogether in 2025, and then in 2026 they'll furlough 1,100 pilots!

AS went from 600 to 300 to 200 for 2024.

It’s not a panic situation. But one would be delusional not to think that 2024 is a bit of a reckoning for capacity - industry wide.

AS went from 600 to 300 to 200 for 2024.

It’s not a panic situation. But one would be delusional not to think that 2024 is a bit of a reckoning for capacity - industry wide.
This has nothing to do with that, lol. Not even the same field of similarity.

The way and amount of people that are talking about this makes my head hurt. Airlines squeeze 5 years of hiring into 2 years and people thought that was sustainable because a recruiter told them they were going to hire 4000 people a year for the next 10 years! Some people are out there contributing this to furloughs next year. I just can’t.

This has nothing to do with that, lol. Not even the same field of similarity.

It kinda is. The hiring the past two years, everywhere, has been insane. I didn’t say furloughs are next. Just that the airlines are matching capacity to the market. Things will be slower in 2024 versus 2022-2023.

It kinda is. The hiring the past two years, everywhere, has been insane. I didn’t say furloughs are next. Just that the airlines are matching capacity to the market. Things will be slower in 2024 versus 2022-2023.
Delta is not reducing hiring due to matching the capacity lol you don’t need this to be explained to you. You’re smarter than that.

I feel like you are both saying "sustainable staffing" in different ways. The hiring free-for-all at delta was never going to continue forever. Or anywhere else. They have also probably dried up their pool, and have the ability to press pause if they need to, until the pool fills again with the types of candidates they want to hire.

The way and amount of people that are talking about this makes my head hurt. Airlines squeeze 5 years of hiring into 2 years and people thought that was sustainable because a recruiter told them they were going to hire 4000 people a year for the next 10 years! Some people are out there contributing this to furloughs next year. I just can’t.
Keep doin' what you're doin'.

As of last week, AA still “claims” over 2000 hires for 2024. I’m sure UAL is way up there.

I'm on a facebook page that's sort of a mentoring place for parents of kids who want to be pilots. I often can't believe what I'm reading. The lack of understanding of the history of the career and how things work. It's called "raising aviation teens" if anyone wants to check it out.

Back