December 2017 Time Building - 60 hours

Cheese7

Hey there! I've got some vacation time I need to burn before the end of the year. I'm looking to build 60 hours ASEL time sometime between 11/28/2017-12/31/2017. I'm looking for someone to split the costs/hours with via the simulated instrument / safety pilot cost splitting routine. I would like to do it in as much of a condensed amount of time as possible. I'm available 11/28/2017-12/21/2017 and again 12/26/2017-12/31/2017. 12/8/17 to 12/17/17 would be the best dates for me, but I'm available any of the above listed dates. I'm located in South Carolina and have access to a reliable 172 for $90/hour wet. If you want to take my plane, you can meet me here, or I can fly to you if you're somewhat close by. If you have access to a reliable plane at a reasonable price and would like to take that instead, I'm up for flying commercial and meeting you pretty much anywhere in the US. I'm wrapping up my instrument rating and should have it by then. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Just to clarify, $90/wet-hour is the plane cost. Actual cost will be $46-$47 per logged hour per person.

LAST MINUTE EFFORT FOR TIME SPLITTING! I had a 60 hour trip from coast to coast and back planned, and my time splitting partner found a job and bailed on the trip. I'm looking for someone who would want to time build / cost split for all or part of the trip. Planning on leaving South Carolina on 12/8 and arriving in So Cal 12/10-12/11, then heading back this way 12/14-12/15 to get back here 12/16-12/17. Dates are somewhat flexible. I may stop in Phoenix and do some early career networking there. I'm currently instrument rated building time towards commercial. Looking for someone who is also instrument rated, but not required. Trip would be 60 hours @ $90/hour, divided by two people, so $2700/person.

I'm planning on stopping along the way, so if anybody wants to build time between South Carolina and California, let me know.

Dam wish I could do this!!!!!! I'll be available in March!!! Enjoy! post some pictures!

LAST MINUTE EFFORT FOR TIME SPLITTING! I had a 60 hour trip from coast to coast and back planned, and my time splitting partner found a job and bailed on the trip. I'm looking for someone who would want to time build / cost split for all or part of the trip. Planning on leaving South Carolina on 12/8 and arriving in So Cal 12/10-12/11, then heading back this way 12/14-12/15 to get back here 12/16-12/17. Dates are somewhat flexible. I may stop in Phoenix and do some early career networking there. I'm currently instrument rated building time towards commercial. Looking for someone who is also instrument rated, but not required. Trip would be 60 hours @ $90/hour, divided by two people, so $2700/person.

I'm planning on stopping along the way, so if anybody wants to build time between South Carolina and California, let me know.

Hey I know I'm late to this gig but are you still available for flying? I am interested

Jordan

Too late. I flew solo from coast to coast and back. Logged 48.6 hours in 8 days. It was the trip of a lifetime! It would have been nice (read "cheaper") to have split time with someone, but I needed to use up my vacation days before the end of 2017. I'm currently at 225 hours and working on CSEL and CFI, so I don't really need to build any more time. Good luck to you!

The plane was $4400. I spent a night at my parents house and 6 nights in motels ($50-$60 per night). Less than $100 on Uber (most places had courtesy cars). I built a "western US wilderness survival pack" in case I had to put her down in the middle of the desert somewhere - cost a couple hundred. I ate mostly fast food. Unfortunately, I had to get back at work, so I didn't have much time to stop and smell the roses, or experience local cuisine.

All in all, about $5,000. Worth every penny. I needed to build the time anyway, and it was an experience of a lifetime that I thoroughly enjoyed and will never forget.

The plane was $4400. I spent a night at my parents house and 6 nights in motels ($50-$60 per night). Less than $100 on Uber (most places had courtesy cars). I built a "western US wilderness survival pack" in case I had to put her down in the middle of the desert somewhere - cost a couple hundred. I ate mostly fast food. Unfortunately, I had to get back at work, so I didn't have much time to stop and smell the roses, or experience local cuisine.

All in all, about $5,000. Worth every penny. I needed to build the time anyway, and it was an experience of a lifetime that I thoroughly enjoyed and will never forget.
Was it a school out there that had the plane? Or a buddy or did you own it? $90/hr for a 172 is great.

Back