Corporate Culture Not Good In Aviation

I was flying around with Alex when he was at Airnet. I should probably add it to the list.
I read it when I flew freight circa 2010-2012. That was over a decade ago, so I don't remember much about it other than reading it and thinking that the book basically described how things were at some of the places I worked at in Alaska.

There's a reason why I walked away. I'd like to say it's all falling apart because the people just one step up off the floor are better at windows 10 than actually turning a wrench but it's the people above who demand everything be done as cheaply as possible who put profit above safety.

You can't do a damn thing if the airplane can't fly and that's up to you. A lot of 135 operators using outside vendors are not vetting/auditing them prior to allowing them to "work" on your airplane. I understand the struggle of being at some weird out station far away from your base and having someone miraculously show up to bang some things with their fixing sticks and sign off your required paperwork. You, as the PIC, can ask dispatch to verify with maintenance if the vendor is on the approved vendor list. That list is required by the FAA and the procedure your company is required to follow before they work on your plane is explained in the GMM. Some people will just try to keep moving the jet regardless, it happens. Pick your battles, nowhere is perfect. But once you sign the paperwork you're legally and civilly liable.

Let's talk, it's disaster when corp goons take over ops and run it like taxi service for charter pax's.

What's your experience in charter world airlines. Spill please

A thread for Corpie bashing?

here-we-go-sitdown.gif

There's a reason why I walked away. I'd like to say it's all falling apart because the people just one step up off the floor are better at windows 10 than actually turning a wrench but it's the people above who demand everything be done as cheaply as possible who put profit above safety.
I can feel you, sir. it;s disasters with emails and teams forget about one floor up and down

You can't do a damn thing if the airplane can't fly and that's up to you. A lot of 135 operators using outside vendors are not vetting/auditing them prior to allowing them to "work" on your airplane. I understand the struggle of being at some weird out station far away from your base and having someone miraculously show up to bang some things with their fixing sticks and sign off your required paperwork. You, as the PIC, can ask dispatch to verify with maintenance if the vendor is on the approved vendor list. That list is required by the FAA and the procedure your company is required to follow before they work on your plane is explained in the GMM. Some people will just try to keep moving the jet regardless, it happens. Pick your battles, nowhere is perfect. But once you sign the paperwork you're legally and civilly liable.
also, the best thing is to put an email to the ops dept. and CC the chief pilot. Things will solve immediate

Often, WAY worse than even the people who know it's WAY worse than the public could imagine could imagine.
Sales dept. is one of the crappy goons in aviation dept. - Selling whatever location they want just to land a plane on a piece of land forget about the runway and FAR! The customer is above

Back