Checked bag fees increasing again

vnoWq5.gif
Do you have a ballet fetish

I don't understand the hate for Taylor Swift. Is it jealousy? I'm not a fan but as far as I can tell she's an absolutely family friendly singer/songwriter that's managed to appeal to a lot of people. That does not mean I understand her popularity, but I'm not going to say no one shouldn't listen to it. I might change my opinion of that person but they shouldn't care about my opinion to start with.

I don't understand the hate for Taylor Swift. Is it jealousy? I'm not a fan but as far as I can tell she's an absolutely family friendly singer/songwriter that's managed to appeal to a lot of people. That does not mean I understand her popularity, but I'm not going to say no one shouldn't listen to it. I might change my opinion of that person but they shouldn't care about my opinion to start with.

I agree. I’m not a Swift person, but at school events her songs play, they seem catchy, and most importantly for me, her songs clean and like she comes off as decent enough role model.

Certainly much better than one sect of music completely tatted over singing about “WAP” as if that’s somehow women empowering. What a joke, complete utter trash. The songs themselves and the person singing.

Last edited:
Just like a tax, the intent was to offset the extremely high jet fuel prices of the late 2000s. But when those prices came significantly down, even for a long time; the fees never went away. They’ve only increased. Doesn’t Delta still own its own fuel refinery or fuel farm?
Their own refinery was mentioned in a few trade pubs like Aviation Leak and I think it had Richard Anderson as " Man or something of the year/trade/buyouts, etc" butI forgot exactly which one it was.....................

Passenger math..."So a checked bag is what? $30 I think. That's actually a lot IMO. Now it's going to be 17% more which is another 5 bucks. Hmmm, I like Delta because they're mostly on time and they go where I go and they have seat back entertainment for my kids. Well I AM taking my wife and 4 kids to Disney in December so that's like $200 in bag fees. What's the fee for the Delta Amex Gold? Free for a year and then $150 the year after? Free checked bag for up to 8 people? IN! It pays for itself!" (dopamine all around, and that card will never get canceled)

I've been to enough Delta corporate ra-ra rule-the-world events now (not that I don't love them and their free food) to know that DAL is all about nudging people into the loyalty ecosystem. That is actually wholesome and healthy at the first order. Be super in touch with your company's purpose, cause, or belief (nobody better connects the world) and then find customers who that purpose, cause, or belief resonates with. You will have rabidly loyal customers who will endure hardship and pay extra to use your product. It is what Apple does and Costco, too. HOWEVER, once the company gets all the feel goods flowing and the wallets opened up...they are free to lift as much money out of people as they WANT. I'm not sure if it is brilliant or just diabolical. As long as we keep a culture of high performance and never go down the road of cut throat cost cutting ever again, we'll be able to do it forever. Oh yeah, and we can't put one in the dirt either...which is why even though the company WANTS to push pilots to the limit like a regional, they know deep down that it's actually really bad for business.

People will pay more for a quality product. That isn't diabolical, it just is. And I'd say that Delta is a quality product.

Back