Checked bag fees increasing again

Gotta pay for Derg’s profit sharing somehow.

Just like a tax, the intent was to offset the extremely high jet fuel prices of the late 2000s. But when those prices came significantly down, even for a long time; the fees never went away. They’ve only increased. Doesn’t Delta still own its own fuel refinery or fuel farm?

Don’t worry, the govt stopped JetBlue from buying Spirit, so you still have an ultra low cost option.

No way will Spirit being raising fares anytime soon. It’s okay to lose 150+ million a year to keep customers (and the government) happy. How one man can decide that, and one who won’t be alive long enough to see the negative impact.

These bag fees have just slowed down the boarding and offloading process, increased frustration, delayed the entire TSA inspection procedures, and caused WAY more issues than they solved. Made Delta a ton of money so I guess this is the goal of having a business but affected on-time performance.

Who checks a bag?
I do! I drag it through the entire process and then check it for FREE at the gate!

I guess from the airline perspective, handling these bags is cheaper in labor and it’s easier to carry my bag down the jetway, down the stairs, around the plane, and all the way to the baggage compartment than it is send it down the conveyer from the front desk.

I’ll play their game…

Don’t worry, the govt stopped JetBlue from buying Spirit, so you still have an ultra low cost option.

No way will Spirit being raising fares anytime soon. It’s okay to lose 150+ million a year to keep customers (and the government) happy. How one man can decide that, and one who won’t be alive long enough to see the negative impact.
Haterz gonna hate

Who checks a bag?
When I’m not commuting I almost always do. 2 free bags on Alaska for me and each of the fam. Don’t have to fish your toiletries out in security, don’t have to drag a rollaboard through the airport, don’t have to participate in the overhead bin hunger games…

When I’m not commuting I almost always do. 2 free bags on Alaska for me and each of the fam. Don’t have to fish your toiletries out in security, don’t have to drag a rollaboard through the airport, don’t have to participate in the overhead bin hunger games…

Hah.

Check your bags into DCA. Let me know if you wish to continue checking bags after that experience.

Haterz gonna hate

200w.gif

Club 49 ftw. Now you get 3 free checked bags for you and your family traveling with you. That’s a lot of Costco shopping.

Back