Attitudes

It's all about you huh? YOU are happy. YOU are making good money and YOU have good QOL. Nevermind that fact that by doing what you did (much like guys taking the RJ programs elsewhere) you've made it that much harder for people to get decently paying jobs in 1900s or RJs. But YOU'RE happy so gives a damn right?

I sure as hell care that somebody shows up to work who can get people from point A to point B safely. That's a given. But guess what? I DO care where you came from because if your history has made it harder for others to get a job with out buying there way in, well to me, the climate of the industry is almost as important as the safety of the industry.

Could you find me the quote where I said it was all about me??

PCL.....you're 100% right too. I was trying to tell you what to do with your jumpseat and for that I can be man enough to say I'm sorry. The captain has final say on who rides on the jumpseat and some no nothing ground pounder should ever undermine that.

Glad to hear it.

But, IMHO the jumpseat should never be used to push an agenda. If I ever get to be a captain anywhere I won't deny it to anybody trying to get home or to work just because of where they work

You shouldn't be forming opinions about such a thing before you've even entered the industry. It's almost certain that many of your opinions will change greatly by the time you find your way to that left seat. Many people here probably wouldn't believe it, but I was rabidly anti-union when I started my career. That changed very quickly after I saw what the "real world" was like in this industry.

If a GoJetter asks me for a jumpseat, I have to deny him/her. They are not on the approved airline/reciprocal agreement manual in our FOM. The company even put out a memo on the subject a while back.

Maybe the union had some say in this (I have no idea), but the fact that the company (not the union) felt strongly enough to take certain actions says a lot to me.

Could you find me the quote where I said it was all about me??

If you read the post where he quoted you, you'd see it.

Don't really see why someone who PFT would be a poser... In my opinion if you come to work and do your job and get the people from point A to point B SAFELY who cares how you got there???? I got all of my ratings and everything at a local FBO and I went to GTA 6 years ago and it was the best decision of my life... I went to a regional and flew the RJ with a bunch of guys and not one of them ever had a word to say about what I did... I went to work and did my job... I have no respect for you for calling me a poser because of the route I took to get where I am now... Happy... Making good money... and a nice QOL... Everyone here can go ahead with the bashings because I went to GTA but I know if I were standing face to face with any of you then you wouldn't say a word... and if you did I would have words for you... Now these guys going around Auto Landing an ERJ with 50 + people in the back have every right to be bashed. Mike let me know if you get on a hiring board... I'll fax a resume over:)

Now I didn't graduate from an Ivy League university, but even so, it's not that far a leap to say the post above just might be about you.....

Now I didn't graduate from an Ivy League university, but even so, it's not that far a leap to say the post above just might be about you.....

haha, nice!

I was trying to understand why "Professional" pilots would leave another "Professional" pilot in a bad position....

Its very simple. Most pilots are a bunch of whiney tools. There must be some kind of age curve, where 25yr olds act like 15yr olds and 40yr olds act like 20 yr olds. Nobody's happy unless they're bitching at some other pilot group and that other pilot group isn't happy unless they're bitching at some other pilot group.

Its like a hamster running on a wheel. The dumbass knows it isn't going anywhere but it can't bring itself to just get off and find something more productive to do.

Don't try and figure it out. You'll lose. And if you think you might have figured it out, some tool of a pilot will tell you that you have it all wrong, and they know everything about how it should be. Just grab a beer and watch football.

i was just going to post the quote for Ethan...you beat me to it Jim! :nana2:

"But, IMHO the jumpseat should never be used to push an agenda"

I agree, no reason to apologise for it. And that's from someone who's been in the industry quite some time....

Curious A320, what is your opinion on Scabs??? Would you give them a ride because they wear a uniform? While Go-Jets and PFTers are NOT scabs, they are not far from it either in most pilots opinion... So, I think this where you see the animosity comes from.

When it is a few people doing it, then you won't see the harm. But with many people, there is a tipping point with that growth where the short cutters and pseudo scabs will be taking money from your pocket and food from your table, and perhaps even taking your job and career... Do you wait till that point to act??? Do you leave one or two weeds in your lawn and wait until your lawn is full of weeds before you pull them??? The bus industry and airline industry are very different, especially when it comes to labor...

BTW For what it is worth, I learned more about being a Captain and a Check Airman by being a CFI than any other experience...

Curious A320, what is your opinion on Scabs??? Would you give them a ride because they are wear a uniform? While Go-Jets and PFTers are NOT scabs, they are not far from it either in most pilots opinion... So, I think this where you see the animosity comes from.

When it is a few people doing it, then you won't see the harm. But with many people, there is a tipping point with that growth where the short cutters and pseudo scabs will be taking money from your pocket and food from your table, and perhaps even taking your job and career... Do you wait till that point to act??? Do you leave one or two weeds in your lawn and wait until your lawn is full of weeds before you pull them??? The bus industry and airline industry are very different, especially when it comes to labor...

BTW For what it is worth, I learned more about being a Captain and a Check Airman by being a CFI than any other experience...

Yeah okay, so lets throw giant stone rocks at any pilot that didn't grow up on your side of the street. Give me a break. When are people going to start acting like adults? Better yet, when are people going to start acting like Professional Pilots?

So somebody took a job with a company you've got issues with, big deal. That doesn't steal food from your table or put weeds in your yard. You can't honestly believe you are that stupid right?

You want to point fingers, point it towards the heartless and gutless men and woman wearing $1,000+ dollar suits to work everyday collecting millions of dollars per year for selling their own employees down the river.

Sometimes you have to look past the trees to see the forrest. But I don't need to tell you that right? You're a pilot...I forgot.

So somebody took a job with a company you've got issues with, big deal. That doesn't steal food from your table or put weeds in your yard.

While they may not be stealing food off the offline pilot's table who is denying them the jumpseat, Gojet pilots are taking from some of the others in our union who are getting furloughed while Gojet keeps on flying. Taking someone's job and putting them on the street while you profit from their misfortune is stealing to me and many others.

Yeah okay, so lets throw giant stone rocks at any pilot that didn't grow up on your side of the street. Give me a break. When are people going to start acting like adults? Better yet, when are people going to start acting like Professional Pilots?
Ok, so how professional is it to pay for a job??? Where was the professionalism when Freedom or Go-Jets was formed? Or, scabs crossing a picket line?
So somebody took a job with a company you've got issues with, big deal. That doesn't steal food from your table or put weeds in your yard. You can't honestly believe you are that stupid right?
I guess, I am... While one person doesn't steal my food, what about 100 or 1000 people offering my company to pay 10k, 20k, 30k to do my job??? The company would be foolish not to take such an offer, see your quote below... It is us and our attitudes that enables unscrupulous management. Why would they pay for our training, if they have somebody willing to pay for it? Why would the pay somebody mainline rates, when there are those willing to do it for less... Where does it stop and how???
You want to point fingers, point it towards the heartless and gutless men and woman wearing $1,000+ dollar suits to work everyday collecting millions of dollars per year for selling their own employees down the river.
Be careful when pointing fingers, there is usually four pointing back. No doubt the suits are part of the problem, but so are the pilots...
Sometimes you have to look past the trees to see the forrest. But I don't need to tell you that right? You're a pilot...I forgot.
Without the trees, there is no forest... Perhaps, you do need to tell me because I am not seeing what you are. Educate me on what I'm missing without the insults or with, either way I would like to know.

Actually, it's his union that "taking" the flying, not having it "taken".

That said, I seriously doubt that there are too many REP pilots that are happy that GJ is hiring and TSA is furloughing.

The bus industry and airline industry are very different, especially when it comes to labor

Again right....different industry with similar problems. Big difference no one cares where you got you CDL from. As long as you get your passengers from point A to point B safely no one cares. Yeah we may joke about the A in Class A means Ass**** and the B in Class B means Best but that's the most.

When it is a few people doing it, then you won't see the harm. But with many people, there is a tipping point with that growth where the short cutters and pseudo scabs will be taking money from your pocket and food from your table, and perhaps even taking your job and career... Do you wait till that point to act??? Do you leave one or two weeds in your lawn and wait until your lawn is full of weeds before you pull them???

I'm at that point in my current job right now. The bottom of the spareboard in Springfield,Boston and NYC have been sitting on barn report during the week because since they can't fill the regular schedules there is no need for "extra sections" that the spareboard guys usually covered. Fortunally in a previous agreement the union got us a 500 dollar a week gurantee...which isn't much but I can survive on it. But I'm not blaming the drivers at these other companies for that...all they are doing is going out and doing the job they were hired to do.

Curious A320, what is your opinion on Scabs??? Would you give them a ride because they wear a uniform? While Go-Jets and PFTers are NOT scabs, they are not far from it either in most pilots opinion... So, I think this where you see the animosity comes from.

I don't agree with anyone crossing a picket line or peforming struck work. Would they get a ride...I don't know because I've never been in that kind of a situation. There just becomes a point in life where you just gotta let stuff go....guys at CO are still in a uproar over a strike over 20 years ago!

Again....I am a no nothing that's been out of the airline industry for about 4 years, maybe my mind will change, maybe it won't

There is a reason

I don't agree with anyone crossing a picket line or peforming struck work. Would they get a ride...I don't know because I've never been in that kind of a situation. There just becomes a point in life where you just gotta let stuff go....guys at CO are still in a uproar over a strike over 20 years ago!

Because for the last twenty years they have been looking at the same scabs on the seniority list.

How could you possibly let something like that go?

Re: There is a reason

Because for the last twenty years they have been looking at the same scabs on the seniority list.

How could you possibly let something like that go?

You ever hear of divine intervention. Everybody gets theirs in the end. Why spaz about it now.

Divine intervention actually has to do with God having influence on events on the corporeal world. Everybody gets theirs in the end implies that they won't get punished until the afterlife, in the non corporeal world.

Just FYI.

Divine intervention actually has to do with God having influence on events on the corporeal world. Everybody gets theirs in the end implies that they won't get punished until the afterlife, in the non corporeal world.

Just FYI.

Isn't it stupid?

"Let's let them F us over, cause they'll get theirs."
yeah, i dont think so...

Just FYI.

Okay I'm a dumbass. But the point is why waste time being pissed at something you can't control. Regardless of what we say or do people are gonna PFT, people are gonna to GoJets....all you can do is try educate. Why waste time and energy on the negative stuff.

Back