ATP Written Prep Question

Here are the question areas that I noticed to be new on the ATP written test. Feel free to add your own:

1. Questions on the work rules that took effect on January 2, 2014. The questions were on the maximum hours that a pilot could fly in a week and how many hours a reserve pilot could be on duty.

2. CRJ questions on adding fuel and a weight/balance question about moving cargo from one station to another and a runway length question for a certain CRJ at a certain airport.

3. Questions on the rest requirements for pilots that took effect on January 2, 2014.

4. Questions on the human deep sleep cycle (forgot the scientific name) that happens between 2AM and 6AM.

There were also a couple of old questions that they changed the answers on to match up with the 2014 rules.

There was also the old Mode C question that asked what was going to happen in 1999. You would think that they would take that 15+ year old question out of the question bank by now since it no longer applies to something that will happen.

Joe

I just took the ATP written today (mine expired years ago), studied with Sheppard Air for like a day, got a 84%. My particular test seemed almost entirely consisting of questions using the performance graphs, maybe just coincidence but I probably would have easily been over the 90% threshold if there weren't that many performance / flight planning questions. I guess I'm entitled to a refund from Sheppard now but honestly I feel like they earned their $75 or whatever it cost.

There are a bunch of questions relating to the new duty time / flight time 121 regulations. Like how many hours of flight time can a pilot be scheduled if he or she starts duty period at X time, etc. So you will miss out on those if you use the 2013 gleim.

I don't remember anything uav related at all.

Mine had 90 questions and there were a couple I definitely could tell a couple were "beta" questions since they were not in the study at all.

I didn't calculate any of the weight shift balance question I just used the pattern I memorized form Sheppard's chart.

There was a UAV question. Something like where can you expect to find them. Correct answer was anywhere, basically.

I didn't calculate the W&B either, but I only had 2 questions on W&B. All the graph questions were like accelerate stop distance, "reference B", thrust required, etc. Lucky for me most of them were on the Q400 and the graphs are all similar to the Q200 ones I learned in systems class years and years ago. Although I guess if you've learned one performance graph, you've pretty much learned them all.

I just took mine today as well, 75%. I studied for exactly the 2 hours 16 minutes it took to go from LGA to TPA last night. Will probably ask for my Sheppard Air money back. (Though, it was still a good deal. And if I actually thought I might ever need this, I might have studied a bit longer)

I took mine on July 7th, had 90 questions. 10 of which were validation questions and all of them including the validation questions were in Sheppard Air's QB.
Guys do yourself a favor and get Sheppard Air and go get it done. @JOEFRIDAY2 is right. The new book "April 2014" had a bunch of questions from that one.

What question numbers are these?

Only the FAA would be making changes to the question bank right now.

Yeah I noticed because there were a few questions I screwed up on.

I only got an 86. Which I know is passing but I'd kind of like to have a 96 (at least I got a refund from Shepperd Air).

And yes I know a passing written score has NO bearing on my shiny jet career (see what I did there). But I do want to do well at anything I attempt.

Heard from one of my guys last night. He took the ATP written yesterday. Studied with the Gleim. He got a 68 which is beyond sucks at this 11th hour.

He's going to try to take it again after he gets an instructor to sign him off. I pointed out that probably 10% of the score will be from the 2014 questions and that if he had studied the Sheppard Air as I had suggested, he would have passed.

I don't want to get into what doesn't work here. But the Sheppard Air does work.

But I am curious, has anyone taken the ATP written in 2014 with the All ATP one day program? What were your results?

Joe

What do you have to do if you fail"

If you fail, you have to receive instruction from an authorized instructor and s/he will have to sign you off in order for you to take it again. The signature must be affixed to the failed test results. There is a space on bottom half of the test results page if this happens.

Joe

If you fail, you have to receive instruction from an authorized instructor and s/he will have to sign you off in order for you to take it again. The signature must be affixed to the failed test results. There is a space on bottom half of the test results page if this happens.

Not to thread-drift, but who is considered an "authorized instructor" in this situation? Do they have to hold an ATP certificate? How about an AGI?

Not to thread-drift, but who is considered an "authorized instructor" in this situation? Do they have to hold an ATP certificate? How about an AGI?

Taking mine tomorrow morning....feel confident but just in case I fail how intense does this Cfi review have to be as well

I'm not aware of any restrictions.

An AGI should certainly be able to, I'd think.

I'm taking mine in the next day or so. XD

~Fox

I just took the ATP written today (mine expired years ago), studied with Sheppard Air for like a day, got a 84%. My particular test seemed almost entirely consisting of questions using the performance graphs, maybe just coincidence but I probably would have easily been over the 90% threshold if there weren't that many performance / flight planning questions. I guess I'm entitled to a refund from Sheppard now but honestly I feel like they earned their $75 or whatever it cost.

There are a bunch of questions relating to the new duty time / flight time 121 regulations. Like how many hours of flight time can a pilot be scheduled if he or she starts duty period at X time, etc. So you will miss out on those if you use the 2013 gleim.
Just like you, I scored an 85 and did not seek a refund from Sheppard. They put out an excellent product and I didn't devote as much study time as I would've liked.

Back