ATP Written Prep Question

bc2209

School has gleim software with Private through ATP, FOI, etc.

The database says 2013 so i'm guessing it's current enough.

My two questions are:

Would using the gleim for the atp written be sufficient or should I get Sheppard?

Which ATP should I be studying for? I have the option on gleim to choose 135 or 121.

Thanks guys

Sheppard Air no doubt. I wouldn't use 2013 stuff. I don't know how often it change, but Sheppard Air checks for updates every time it starts so you don't have to worry about the stuff being out of date too much. Use the study guide too. 121 obviously if you wanna go airline.

I'm gonna buck the trend here. While Shepard is killer, ATP has a one day program. You don't study, you spend one day on a computer and you pass. If you have one near by that's what I would highly recommend. I did ZERO study and got a 92.

I tried Sheppard and liked it a lot. However if you already have access to Gleim and don't have extra cash lying around any other prep software or book will do. I used ASA for that reason and was consistently getting 95+ on all my FI/GI tests so far. Also aside from some 121 or 135 regs there's not much new material on that test. I bet most people who are active CFI/II could take the test with no study at all and still pass.

I could be wrong but I thought shepperd was 135, but still gets the job done for 121

I just started the Shepherd air for ATP a couple days ago. So far I am happy with how its going. Its cheap, and if you don't get 90+ you get your money back. The only downside is having to call them to get a password. Not a big deal.

So seeing how I passed my FIA with a 79% with out dated test prep I'm biting the bullet and buying Shepperd Air tomorrow.

I know a pass is a pass and a written will have no bearing on my future. But I do want to kick hard core ass on this.

So seeing how I passed my FIA with a 79% with out dated test prep I'm biting the bullet and buying Shepperd Air tomorrow.

I know a pass is a pass and a written will have no bearing on my future. But I do want to kick hard core ass on this.

I take it airlines or whoever view failed written exams differently than check rides or no?

Back