ATP Written Prep Question

Heard from one of my guys last night. He took the ATP written yesterday. Studied with the Gleim. He got a 68 which is beyond sucks at this 11th hour.

He's going to try to take it again after he gets an instructor to sign him off. I pointed out that probably 10% of the score will be from the 2014 questions and that if he had studied the Sheppard Air as I had suggested, he would have passed.

I don't want to get into what doesn't work here. But the Sheppard Air does work.

But I am curious, has anyone taken the ATP written in 2014 with the All ATP one day program? What were your results?

Joe
Gleim? People actually still use that stuff?

If you are pressed for time in the next couple of days, memorize the Sheppard's memory aid, focus on their weather section (I had many weather questions), and learn flight duty restrictions. If you get the memory aid down, you are sure to get an easy 10-15 questions knocked out. That's a solid foundation if you're just interested in a "pass."

July 13th. Definitely 80 questions and no CRJ performance.

I did receive three supplements, the last one was dated April 2014. Wondering if it randomly gives the 90 questions test only to some applicants.

A friend of mine took his today and got 90 questions, no CRJ performance. I think I got 80 because I took Part 135 test.

A friend of mine took his today and got 90 questions, no CRJ performance. I think I got 80 because I took Part 135 test.
I had a mixed hat since I've always flown 135 but after buying Sheppard naturally I took 121 so there were a few that I had to "re-learn" to not screw up like the duty stuff and some other 121 specific rules. In some ways I almost think I could have done better just doing the 135 but didn't want to chance it on my own.

Since Sheppard has so kindly blocked out purchasing their product at a time when a lot of pilots need it, is their someone who would be willing to let me use their log-in info so that I may study at least SOME before my test tomorrow at 3pm? I can make sure a proper thank-you is sent your way!!! Thanks in advance for your help, feel free to PM if you wish!!

Since Sheppard has so kindly blocked out purchasing their product at a time when a lot of pilots need it, is their someone who would be willing to let me use their log-in info so that I may study at least SOME before my test tomorrow at 3pm? I can make sure a proper thank-you is sent your way!!! Thanks in advance for your help, feel free to PM if you wish!!

I'm not sure that it's possible, they say a couple times during the instructions that it can only be installed on one device and that you have to contact them to change that. It's actually a program that you have to install and it downloads a database locally, it's not web based at all.

Yeah you can only use your sign on for one platform that being iPad of what have you.

For sure use the free study memorization guide though. Helps tremendously

You might give them a call and see if you can talk them into selling you a download.

Joe

They said something to the effect of they wanted to be available for questions from already current subscribers but there is always worth a try.

If you fail, you have to receive instruction from an authorized instructor and s/he will have to sign you off in order for you to take it again. The signature must be affixed to the failed test results. There is a space on bottom half of the test results page if this happens.

Joe

How about if someone takes the test on July 31 & does not pass? CFI endorsement, or go through the New, Improved Program?

Proctor said she was not amused with the atp-written crowds anymore:try getting an endorsement on the quick when you can't even schedule a test ....
With good test prep it's hard to fail, especially that most of weather and navigation and aerodynamics and the rest.... are the same as IR and Comm. Flight planning is a little different but I was surprised to do an old fashioned xwind component ..
FYI there's a lot of free info in the appendix (lightning , signs , etc...) and the test soft does not mention it's there.Test is really easy,getting the #$% multi engine time can be a much bigger problem.

Last edited:
I think I've decided to wait. If ATP's CTP stays at $5k, then that's really not too bad. Sounds like fun, too.

Also, it's the last day and I'm feeling lazy. Seven hundred more hours.

Screw it.

~Fox

I think I've decided to wait. If ATP's CTP stays at $5k, then that's really not too bad. Sounds like fun, too.

Also, it's the last day and I'm feeling lazy. Seven hundred more hours.

Screw it.

~Fox

The number I'm hearing for the ATP CTP is 15K. Where are you seeing it for 5K?

Joe

ATP either bought or partnered with Higher Power Aviation (http://higherpoweraviation.com) and using their sims for the program.

$4,995 for a 7 day ATP written class.

• 30 Hours Ground School
  • 4 Hours Fixed-Base Training Device
  • 6 Hours Full-Motion Simulator
  • Computerized Flash Card Review & Prep
  • ATP Knowledge Test (ATM)

Just checked the website and it looks like a good price. I see Paul Templeton is the director of this program. He's a good guy.

Joe

Back