ATI, Ready to Strike...Pants Optional

Then you should know the proper attire for the occasion. But to be honest with you I rather do almost anything than debate the nuances of "proper" behavior with regard to our profession with you. Enjoy your week.

A social media post, a picture online, not a picket outside. And it looks like an untucked shirt, not pants missing. A picture that’s cropped / taken waist up. If you hadn’t posted it, I don’t think I would have noticed enough detail to see a guy is missing pants.

Oh well. Enjoy your week too.

I love the paranoid pilots. Airline scheduling systems are over 2-3 decades old, but wait, airlines are paying someone to sit and record + watch iPad camera views.

I really don't get this paranoia. (or rebellion) If someone wants to "hack" my camera and watch me half naked eating a microwave meal and watching Netflix on my 1 hour decompression break after a day sleep... well, we don't kink shame here. Otherwise, just keep the case closed.

Me either.

The same guy with the INOP sticker on his iPad is probably the same one that:

• Films his landing for his 'socials'
  • Constantly uses a VPN when the situation doesn't require or benefit from it but is more than happy to share his browsing habits with Nord and their third-party affiliates for advertising purposes.
  • Is texting his bro's on company wifi about how bad the weather is ahead.

I've never had the desire to visit a famous art gallery, or frankly never understood how someone could take a picture and over analyze it like they do....Until now, I feel like I understand art and ACMI more than I ever have before.

While I'm always glad for the attendance, I'm always a little irked if someone shows up looking like they are coming off a standup to International Falls, knowing that these events typically do get some brief media attention. Best foot forward, and so on and so forth.

That said, I've also marched around Chicago on December 1st, very grateful for the more...functional...choices Yellow made about what was and was not an acceptable uniform.

Yeah man, look the part. I think that advice could resonate through the rest of the aviation community too. Nobody is trying to see a morbidly obese, unkempt, ball of wrinkled clothes hiding under a "transition jacket" when their loved one needs surgery. Not to compare pilots to surgeons, but there is a somewhat relevant apples to apples comparison of professional appearance and public trust to speak to.

Yeah man, look the part. I think that advice could resonate through the rest of the aviation community too. Nobody is trying to see a morbidly obese, unkempt, ball of wrinkled clothes hiding under a "transition jacket" when their loved one needs surgery. Not to compare pilots to surgeons, but there is a somewhat relevant apples to apples comparison of professional appearance and public trust to speak to.

Public perception is reality for a lot of people.

Look like a Barista, get paid like a Barista.

People really don't care about the size of the aircraft you fly, how much revenue you produce or that you're underpaid. What they care about is their package not arriving or their flight to Disney getting cancelled.

The challenge is that the passenger side of the business won fairly significant raises and the general public, who we're appealing to in order for them to sympathize and begin to affect our employers revenue to the point it makes sense to finish up an agreeable contract, but that isn't the truth at all.

I'd suggest they start hitting the consumer in the "feels". Show them how their 'withdrawal of service' will affect their Christmas plans and gifts.

But skater dudes and gamer bois holding signs aren't going to move the goal post.

On that note, here is my one complaint.

As a bigger guy, buying a uniform shirt and pants is tough. It is the year 2023 and we haven't built a shirt that fits well on a bigger guy with a long torso. My shirt fits like crap and comes untucked all the time. I try to keep a decent appearance. But it's really really tough with the uniforms that are made these days.

At least surgeons get scrubs and a long jacket.

Back