Article in the Chicago Tribune

Counseling....*shiver*

I don't agree with that kind of pressure to try to undercut operational control and captain's authority, especially over 10-15 mins of fuel a flight.

Airlines = business, and business with always be business ($$$ really all that matters)

I think if these bean counters got it all figured out and are dictating how much fuel should be on board the flights they should be carded dispatchers and signing the release. Thankfully I have never once had someone pressuring my decisions on fuel, but in the long run my name is on the release and my license is the one at stake not some freaking bean counter.

I think if these bean counters got it all figured out and are dictating how much fuel should be on board the flights they should be carded dispatchers and signing the release. Thankfully I have never once had someone pressuring my decisions on fuel, but in the long run my name is on the release and my license is the one at stake not some freaking bean counter.

Yeah, let the bean counters get the licence and jeopardize their licence. I don't want to see anyone get thrown under the bus over some bean counter telling them to use less fuel to save money.

Back