AirTran Captain Arrested at Newport News?

I would tend to agree to some extent, and if it was assault I would roll my eyes. Battery implies it was a physical confrotation, and you just can't lose your cool and not expect some consequences.

I'll betchya a dollar the charges are "trumped up".

Roots of my suspicion? They're being so quiet about it so they're just using the "AirTran Pilot Arrested!!!" headlines to send the message to us that we're supposed to take their attitudes towards crewmembers, grin and bear it without a peep.

So the next time you're standing in line in CVG and the TSA ID checker is having an abnormally long conversation with the buxom passenger and you want to say, "Sir, can you check my ID so I can get to work?" "AIRTRAN PILOT ARRESTED" resonates in your brain so you just quietly wait as he pulls out his business card, gives it to the passenger and finishes with "Call me!" then he waves you over like you're a freaking cabbie.

Bitter? Yeah, a little. :)

Thank God that CrewPass is coming soon.

Thank God that CrewPass is coming soon.

Word on the street is that CrewPass is going to be an additional charge that just the CASS fee. I don't know about you guys but, I'm pretty sure my company ain't gonna pay jack to make my life easier. The only reason they pay for CASS is so I actually can show up to work. I'm sure they are not real concerned whether I have to go through the hassle of security or not. Sucks....

Back