Airline Pilot's Daily Diet

Sometimes, I bring an extra lunch bag with leftovers. But I find it's a pain with commuting. I've gained some weight in the last year, so I'm trying to be good and have extra snacks with me when I don't have time for a real airport meal. I love dried fruit, and beef jerky. It's also too easy to go to McDonalds in the airport although I will get their McMuffins for breakfast and toss out the hash brown. I live in New Orleans, so I try to save the drinking for home and not take on the beer and booze calories, and eating and drinking is our specialty. It's tough sometimes as you get that fun crew that wants to go out or the hotel staff says you HAVE to go try the restaurant down the street because they make THE BEST burgers/friedchicken/apple pie/50¢wings/pizza this side of the Mississippi! Just gotta be disciplined and realize that you can always get the jumbo plate of nachos at another time.

We have pretty good Crew meals on board so that is often one or two meals. Try not to eat the dessert but do everytime because I'm bored. Try to mix up my food preference every few months. At the moment I'm Hindu as they have good curries. Be careful!

Breakfast if early show time porridge in hotel room or late show try to have eggs at a local cafe.

Lunch usually sushi or a sandwich. Dinner depends on where I am but I always eat out.

One thing I have learnt. Don't scrimp on quality food. Make sure you eat when you are hungry. The cost adds up but it is a whole lot less than loosing your medical.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I pack a great deal of food still. It's such a pain to pack ice or ensure a room with a fridge, but totally worth it for me.

Oatmeal with dried fruit and peanut butter for breakfast usually. Veggies, hummus, protein powders, Larabars, protein bars, string cheese. I usually try to meal prep at least a little. Brown rice, steamed veggies, lean protein (plain turkey burgers, chicken breasts, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs....don't eat those last two in the plane.) I'll grab condiments from airport eateries to spice it up a little. Or I just bring with me any leftovers I've got in the fridge. We fly transcons without meal service (ULCC) so I have to bring food. If it's been a rough day, or I have a fun crew, screw it, I fall way off the wagon....margaritas and those jumbo nachos by the pool. It's all about balance right?

Trader Joes frozen foods are amazing! Tastes amazing with a good amount of protein.

Korean bim bop
Chicken vindaloo
Chili hatch Mac and cheese
Chicken quesadillas
And for dessert/ breakfast I pack noosa
Greek yogurt. Life. Freaking. Changing.

Mini trail mix bags for snacks.

All day trips:. No fast food, and I usually bring peanut butter sandwich, rice and beans with hot sauce, spring rolls, quinoa mixture, fruit,mixed nuts

Back