? about grades

I was in the A-B range in high school until my senior year, for some reason I was absent around 30 times my senior year. I think what is most important on your job app is the did you graduate.

Be careful, high school grades are somewhat of an accurate indication of your college grades. I say this because the study habits, or lack of, in HS will continue through to college.
I know 1 person that had C's and D's and went on to get a 4.0 in college but that is it. Most of my friends that were A and B students in HS are A and B students in college, same with C,D, and F students.

I got a 3.4 out of HS, 3.4 in community college, and it will probably be a 3.2 - 3.5 my first semester at a university. Sure I can do better but my social life will suffer :)

Sure I can do better but my social life will suffer :)

And that brings up a good point. Sure, you could bury your head in the books for 8 hours a night and all day on the weekends to get that coveted 4.0, but your social skills go down the toilet along with whatever you ate that morning. One of the most important factors of this industry is being able to get along with the people you fly with. If you have no social skills, that may be tough.

FWIW, I have a part time job as a high school substitute teacher. About the only requirement for the job, besides a college education, was that I had a 3.0 college GPA.

FWIW, I have a part time job as a high school substitute teacher. About the only requirement for the job, besides a college education, was that I had a 3.0 college GPA.

In my county in VA the only requirement for a Substitute is a high school diploma.

The department here requires a degree in anything with any GPA. However it varies in other districts, some don't require a degree. The school department here has a hard time finding substitutes, mostly because they require a degree. I's actually my fallback job right now, if neither of my 2nd interviews pan out.

I guess I can't be a sub in KY.

Back