official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

My father received 5 letters today to confirm my employment/unemployment from the background people

5?!?! How many times did you list him? :)

I've tried calling my HR rep today since none of my people have received anything, and all I've gotten is a voicemail after 1-2 rings. :banghead:

I know my parents got a letter confirming that I lived at their house when I said I did and at least one of my referneces received there letters so things seem to have progressed. Both of those letters were mailed back already so hopefully something will happen this week or next. It looks like it has taken about 4 weeks for people to hear in the past from PEPC and the TOL - FOL. Since I was in the NY PEPC on the 7th I would imagine I will hear something by the end of this week or early next week. Almost there.....final stretch!!!:rawk:

I got a letter requesting more info for my medical. I'm sure they'll summarily deny me now, and to be honest, I'm OK with that at this point.

I got a letter requesting more info for my medical. I'm sure they'll summarily deny me now, and to be honest, I'm OK with that at this point.

I thought you were medically cleared AT the PEPC. In Memphis, they gave me the impression that once the "doctor" cleared you, you were good to go.

What kind of info? Wasn't that the purpose of the PEPC? Did you fail any portion of the medical?

Now I'm really curious as to why you received that letter. I too was under the impression that once you cleared the PEPC medical, and the flight surgeon stamped your sheet, you were good to go.:confused:

Now I'm really curious as to why you received that letter. I too was under the impression that once you cleared the PEPC medical, and the flight surgeon stamped your sheet, you were good to go.:confused:

I believe all medicals go to OKC for final approval, I imagine they had some more questions when it got there.

I believe all medicals go to OKC for final approval, I imagine they had some more questions when it got there.

Yep, that's the way ALL medicals are handled, from 3rd class to 1st class. An AME can usually tell you if you passed and/or have any red flags on your history that could result in a rejection, but it still has to go to OKC for the final approval. Assuming these move through the same process as pilots' medials, it shouldn't take any longer than two weeks if your medical history is clean.

Just an FYI on the medicals. During my physical the EKG showed i was having a heart attack. ?????(I wasn't but that is what the machine spit out) Yeah I know kind of alarming, however it was a recurring problem for me with EKGs. My military medical records show I have had numerous EKG's with similar results that led to me having multiple stress tests and ultrasounds of my heart. All of those showed no abnormalities. So even the physical isn't an end all if it doesn't go perfect. I have my FOL.

:nana2: well im damn excited!!! my supervisor just finished the form she was sent and im staring at it in the out mail box slot waiting for it to be picked up... i honestly cant complain on this process its moving alot faster then i thought. i jus cant wait to be in OKC and come back and have this great chance to keep the sky safe.:panic: . lol

Back