Pinnacle guys - is it almost finally time?

I will say its very quiet around the crew room this week, usually someone has claimed that we have a contract by now.

About contract negotiations... yes.

About travel benefits... no.

I carried a guy up to COU the night before who gave me the skinny. God I hope you guys get that fixed. I'd say I couldn't believe pinnacle would do that to you, but I'd be lying.

I carried a guy up to COU the night before who gave me the skinny. God I hope you guys get that fixed. I'd say I couldn't believe pinnacle would do that to you, but I'd be lying.

Like I said before, if they don't, be on the lookout for Pinnacle job fairs starting June 24th to replace all the FAs, rampers and gate agents that just walk off the job. there's only so much abuse you can take for the meager pay alone. A LOT of these people are only still here for the flight benes.

Like I said before, if they don't, be on the lookout for Pinnacle job fairs starting June 24th to replace all the FAs, rampers and gate agents that just walk off the job. there's only so much abuse you can take for the meager pay alone. A LOT of these people are only still here for the flight benes.

Hehe.

Have an informative picket in front of the career fair :)

Hehe.

Have an informative picket in front of the career fair :)

Damn, that is a great idea.

PCL pilots I would watch the language for medical costs. After ASA's contract was done United Health care started charging us more for coverage.

PCL pilots I would watch the language for medical costs. After ASA's contract was done United Health care started charging us more for coverage.

heh, don't worry - we switch health plans on a yearly basis.

It already hosed at least one person: UHC had a "cancer treatment" co-payment, Cigna does not, so one of our pilots is now forced to pay 10s of thousands of dollars out of pocket for treatment for a family member.

:clap:Great job Pinnacle.

This issue is covered already... It will remain very inexpensive for great coverage. We will even have a better deal on extra coverage (supp, ltd, std, life) and better language on cobra and fmla. I can't go into more details but 9e pilots can pm or call me if you have specific questions.

heh, don't worry - we switch health plans on a yearly basis.

It already hosed at least one person: UHC had a "cancer treatment" co-payment, Cigna does not, so one of our pilots is now forced to pay 10s of thousands of dollars out of pocket for treatment for a family member.

:clap:Great job Pinnacle.

We are not swapping again in 09 or 10. The R&I folks have worked (and we have had success with the cancer issue- it's all fixed now). We are actually having more success with Cigna than we did with UHC.

Word on the street is they moved the goalposts again.... Clive walked in and wanted blended rates.... sounds like they want to get away with using the CRJ900 guys to cover their ass in the 200 flying for cheaper than our 900 rate. If the company screws up, they should be prepared to pay up.

Word on the street is they moved the goalposts again.... Clive walked in and wanted blended rates.... sounds like they want to get away with using the CRJ900 guys to cover their ass in the 200 flying for cheaper than our 900 rate. If the company screws up, they should be prepared to pay up.

I see what they're trying to do, actually. This is a staffing fix. We're over on the -900 and under on the -200. If they get everyone dual qualified, they can DH guys from ATL to cover -200 flying. As it is now, none of you ATL boys are current on the -200 from the second you step out of your qualification sim in YUL.

I'm okay with being dual qualified. I think it makes sense, and LOTS of regionals do it. That being said, it's important HOW it's done. I don't want an override like Skywest has since it's too easy for a) payroll to jack that up and b) for the company to change schedules due to "operational neccesity" to get lower paid guys to fly the -900 trips. I know Comair and ASA both fly the -900. How do they handle the pay issues and are they're pilots dual (or triple since they have -700s, too) qualified?

Comair and ASA have 2 different groups, they don't cross over, one for the -200 and one for the -700s and -900s. I think the only ones that are mixed are mesa, PSA and skywest.

The way CAL does their blended rate with he 737s and 75/6 bases, is that you get the actual rate for what you fly (for lineholders and reserves above guarantee), if there is a swap (downgrade), you are protected to your original trip, and if there is an upgrade, you get that pay. Also all 'soft time' is paid at the blended rate, as well as min guarantee. From my take on how things are going over there under that system, the ATL reserve guys would get the biggest hit (to just above the -200 guarantee), the lineholders there would see a slight decrease in pay, the -200 guys would see a slight pay bump.

From the outside looking in:
I'm surprised the employees of Pinnacle haven't "burned the house down" with the way the company treats you guys.

Ok so what is next, i hope we are meeting soon because if we dont i just gives them more time to back away from things. anyone know exactly when we meet again?

Ok so what is next, i hope we are meeting soon because if we dont i just gives them more time to back away from things. anyone know exactly when we meet again?

According to SE's e-mail, it sounds like sometime this month, but with no firm dates. The main thing I'm worried about is how this is gonna affect staffing here. We're offing 150% for open time pickups, but they're still saying we're overstaffed. WTFO? What happens if we all get dual qualified, then the do more displacements and furlough? There HAS to be protection in the contract for those in their current seats to keep them for me to vote "yes" to a 100% dual qualified issue. Otherwise, I'm seeing it as a back door for the company to "fix" their broken staffing model.

Back