Pinnacle guys - is it almost finally time?

I have been told the negotiating committee is currently in DC doing mediated sessions with the NMB. I do not know if any progress has been made- they just started sometime yesterday. If you wanna know what's going on show up at the LEC meeting tomorrow. It would be nice to put some names with real names and faces. :dunno: Saucer afterwards?

On a trip tomorrow but maybe in the future

Had it all worked out where I would be at the meeting than do a MFE high speed. I probably would have had to leave about 20 minutes early, but I would have been there. Then scheduling gave me a 4 day instead. Down side-won't be at the meeting. Plus side-I'm breaking guarantee AGAIN this month.....

If you guys were authorized to strike, why has that not occured? Contract negotiations have been going on for how long?

until a 30 day cooling off period has occured after NMB has released both parties to self help. The RLA is soo pooey, if I wasn't sure congress would come up with something worse (say maybe 700 pages long) then I'd wish we could get rid of it. But at least it's the demon we know.

If you guys were authorized to strike, why has that not occured? Contract negotiations have been going on for how long?

No release from the NMB, although it's getting very close from what I'm hearing. Only one issue is still on the table. I would expect a release into a cooling off period very soon if one side or the other doesn't budge. PCL has been in negotiations for 5 years.

No release from the NMB, although it's getting very close from what I'm hearing. Only one issue is still on the table. I would expect a release into a cooling off period very soon if one side or the other doesn't budge. PCL has been in negotiations for 5 years.

Gotcha.

From what I understand from updates last night (waiting on the official update from the MEC), there was an outstanding "item" that pretty much had the NMB's "hands tied" as far as releasing us to a 30 day cooling off period.

kell... you missed a heck of a time (and good news) at the LEC meeting last night!

I am waiting on the MEC update to speak... I have faith the email will cover all the important areas.

We will never get released, they will send us into another 6 month break before that happens.

We are the first group to come before the NMB for a release with the new "administration" in addition to the longest running group on the NMB list.... The company is holding up the entire contract on the dual-qual issue. The union has given proposals that while expensive to the company, would cover all pilots AND give the company what they want. We just can't dual qual with 16/140 airplanes being 900's and all the planes in one base. We need pay protections (mgmt's dream would only have us making 900 pay when operating the -900, everyone would be -200 paid for vacation, sick, training, DH,etc) and we need a way to remain current and PROFICIENT. For a #1 principle of "Never compromise safety" it really appears the company needs a revision because their manual says "Never compromise savings". I will still remain quiet until an MEC email comes out on both negotiations and the other "development" from the meeting on behalf of all memphis based pilots that has impact on all 1295 pilots of Pinnacle Inc.

Even if they finish scope, what is to stop them from reopening it when they settle the dual qual issue. I bet you the company will just play musical open items now. We should start taking agreed upon items away from them and if its in bad faith, so be it. Then maybe they will release the company to impose their last best and final on us and we can shove it and shut this place down for good. :rotfl:

Even if they finish scope, what is to stop them from reopening it when they settle the dual qual issue.

That's called bad faith bargaining, and the NMB would quickly move for a release if you requested it after those circumstances.

We should start taking agreed upon items away from them and if its in bad faith, so be it.

That's a great way to make sure that you never get released. Don't piss off the NMB.

That's called bad faith bargaining, and the NMB would quickly move for a release if you requested it after those circumstances.

That's a great way to make sure that you never get released. Don't piss off the NMB.

Well option A has not worked for 5 years, so i think its about time to move on to option B. How was pinnacle allowed to re open the scheduling section about two or so months ago, where is the bad faith barganing there? I believe that enough people are finally pissed off enough that there is a small storm brewing amongst the rank and file and i think come late july you are going to see a new direction being taken no matter where we are in negotiations.

Back