Most "B.A." Airplane - Part III - Civilian Prop

690inflight.jpg

Fairchild 24 = badass

Back in the day (like, 1903) this machine was pretty bad ass. Still kind of is since this thread, and all threads, and this website owe their existence to it.

First_Fligth_Dec03.jpg

Nice idea.

My vote: PC-12.

Pilatus-PC-12-NG-08.jpg

Land it in the dirt, load it up with 2,000 pounds of stuff, fly it 1,500 miles and it even has a bathroom.

Plus, she's purdy. :)

I like your thinking, but honestly, find your own bird. That one is MINE!!!

Back in the day (like, 1903) this machine was pretty bad ass. Still kind of is since this thread, and all threads, and this website owe their existence to it.

Glad someone else is thinking like I am... I was going to post that later this evening if no one else had by then.

Excellent job Waco!

Can't believe nobody's mentioned the most BA of them all!

spruce_goose.jpg

The Hughes H-4 Hercules.
8× Pratt & Whitney R-4360 Wasp Major radials; 3,000 hp each for a grand total of...
24,000 hp
:rawk:

Ok...I've been toying around with you guys long enough. Time to bring out the heavy artillery. The Lockheed Air Express:

LockheedAirExpress.jpg

You can't stop me...you can only hope to contain me.

And I will see your Reliant and raise a 195...

C-195.jpg

Ohhh....that's harsh.

..but I'm embarrassed I glossed over the grand-daddy of pimp:

Boeing314Mod.jpg

Office:
190142028_.jpg

The Nav, Radio guy and FE in another zipcode from the flight deck, but still with the ultra-suede headliner:
190139732_.jpg

FE's panel:
190139740_.jpg

Cabin, where the SLF lived and breathed:

190139731_.jpg

190139729_.jpg

190139728_.jpg

b314-dining-color-178-web.jpg

I say we buy the TC, and start our new airline with service to Havana.

We'll get an approval for a cigar compartment, too.

I say we buy the TC, and start our new airline with service to Havana.

We'll get an approval for a cigar compartment, too.

Hey Waco...

With a suggestion like that, I think Polar needs to be on the "payroll" at Wegougeemandhow Airways.

What do you think?

Just a thought - perhaps seaplanes should have their own thread. They are so bad ass it is almost unfair.

And, another thought, on the phrase Bad Ass. My 11 year old daughter is a genius, sweet and cute. She also can have a salty mouth at times, particularly when she is excited. Anyway she was doing homework researching giraffes on the internet. She gets really excited when she learns, and she came out and was telling me all of the cool and amazing Giraffe facts she had learned. She was really interested and excited and then she blurted out "...they are just completely BAD ASS!"

I told her not to say that, and from that point on, anytime something struck either of us as Bad Ass we would refer to it as a "Giraffe". Like watching the NCAA and DeMarre Carrol play for Mizzou, she said "Wow, he is a Giraffe" after an explosive throw down.

So, here is a giraffe:
Mars.jpg

Hey Waco...

With a suggestion like that, I think Polar needs to be on the "payroll" at Wegougeemandhow Airways.

What do you think?

I second that, and I have Mike's proxy as well - that is three votes in the affirmative even if T-cart punked out and said no...which he wouldn't.

Just a thought - perhaps seaplanes should have their own thread. They are so bad ass it is almost unfair.

And that's where the WIN comes from. Dominate the competition so bad they don't even show up.

OK, here's the deal.

We buy the Boeing 314 and the Martin Mars TCs. Build 4 to 5 of each.

We can have a break through program of comprehensive instruction. We'll take fledgling aviators, and for a small sum of, say 1.2 million, we will teach them the skills needed in aircraft production (see above), and to become flight engineers (see above). This will also allow them to fly approximately 15 years as FEs while gaining important A&P and FE practical experience.

Then we start the airline.

After that 15 year term, we'll only charge roughly $65,000 to get them their pilot certificates up through CES-I.

To continue the program, we will help them build valuable time based on their individual needs. They can gain 500, 1000 or 1500 hours of multiengine time in "real-life" 121 line operations for the small charge of $2000/hr sitting right seat in either a Martin Mars or Boeing Model 314.

If that is completed successfully, then they will be eligible for an internship of 6000 hours.

Upon completion of that, they will be able to interview for a full-time First Officer slot and actually get paid, that's right, cash money paid. $13.20/hr with a 60 hour guarantee.

We'll have the best Esprit de Corps in the airline industry and the best trained pilots to boot.

an2.jpg

Can lift 12,000 lbs.
1,000 hp radial.
Lands anywhere.
Two speeds. Stop and 90 kts.

This is my first log entry.

DC-3-04.jpg

Need I say more?

This us my second log book entry.
:buck:

Back