Most "B.A." Airplane - Part III - Civilian Prop

It's sitting at PTK tonight...

Leave it unlocked tomorrow night will ya.

I've got a roll of 300mph tape to fake the reg number and figure if I can get her started I can get it from Pontiac to home, wherever that is.

Top the tanks too, please.:)

Ryan ST-R?

The Ryan ST became the YPT-16, then later variants were equipped with a 5 cylinder radial and dubbed the PT-22.

Sooo, since you brought out a "trainer"... guess I can too.:)

Stearman-04July05-overRFD-3.jpg
http://warbirdalley.com/images/Stearman-04July05-overRFD-3.jpg

A19680235000cp14.JPG

Let's see how much JetCareers knows their history.

What is it (the one with the prop) and why is it important.

Waco, if you know, PM me.

Leave it unlocked tomorrow night will ya.

I've got a roll of 300mph tape to fake the reg number and figure if I can get her started I can get it from Pontiac to home, wherever that is.

Top the tanks too, please.:)

Too bad its going in to have the tail # changed, Soon to become N77SD

Nah, not those, these:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

hehehe

I'm going to let these remain nameless for a bit...

These were all built by that guy (LS) out in Texas. He is the one wearing the helmet in the first picture. 2,3,and4 are evolutions of his fine craftsmanship. The company was sold and is now Thrush Aircraft after a succesion of different owners. He came out of retirement(probably after the no compete clause expired), to manufacture the Air Tractor line of ag planes.

I've flown different models of each line, and love flying them.

Mr. Snow has got to be pushing 80 and ran the New York City marathon several years ago. He is a very nice and unassuming man.

PS, I also know a little about the Huff Daland plane. See, there is a first for everything.

These were all built by that guy (LS) out in Texas. He is the one wearing the helmet in the first picture. 2,3,and4 are evolutions of his fine craftsmanship. The company was sold and is now Thrush Aircraft after a succesion of different owners. He came out of retirement(probably after the no compete clause expired), to manufacture the Air Tractor line of ag planes.

I've flown different models of each line, and love flying them.

Mr. Snow has got to be pushing 80 and ran the New York City marathon several years ago. He is a very nice and unassuming man.

PS, I also know a little about the Huff Daland plane. See, there is a first for everything.

Morning t-cart!

Feeling better today?

Got some more pictures for you...

Better shot of LS and the Snow S-2A
1.jpg

This one should be easy, but can you tell us what is "odd" about it?

4249L.jpg

And you are correct about Mr. Snow... Born in 1930. And Waco... you would like him. He's a Texan :D

OK, You are going to have to help me out here. The only thing I "see" is that it is an early "301" as evidenced by the small rounded, fabric covered tail. The "301A" has the larger square metal tail. I actually might have flown this airplane a long time ago on a ferry flight. The N# stands out for some reason. I'll have to look in my logbook.

OK, You are going to have to help me out here. The only thing I "see" is that it is an early "301" as evidenced by the small rounded, fabric covered tail. The "301A" has the larger square metal tail. I actually might have flown this airplane a long time ago on a ferry flight. The N# stands out for some reason. I'll have to look in my logbook.

You have sharp eyes my friend.

Larger tail on a 301A..

1418-dcp-0442.jpg

Back