Most "B.A." Airplane - Part III - Civilian Prop

Just to kick the "bigger is better" trend...the mighty 152 gets my vote. Being just about the cheapest plane around to rent qualifies it for the most BA award IMHO!

That and it helped start a downward trend in pilots learning to fly in tailwheel airplanes! Bad Ass indeed!

Attachments

• 58822256.SunNFun063003A.jpg
    58822256.SunNFun063003A.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 130
  • ironeagle.jpg
    ironeagle.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 125
Beech 18... hands down.

Round engines, taildragger, occasionally seen on floats...

Fun, attention getting, utilitarian, and definitely classy! :nana2:

beech_18.jpg

Beech 18... hands down.

Round engines, taildragger, occasionally seen on floats...

Fun, attention getting, utilitarian, and definitely classy! :nana2:

Due to prior associations with the Twin Beech, I refrained from posting it here... mainly to see how long it would take to be posted :nana2:

I concur!

PirepApacheOpener.jpg

Now, THIS is an airplane!!!:p

T...every time we did an engine-out I thought for sure we weren't going to get it cranked back over and were going to have to do an off airport landing. This airplane scares me much more then a higher powered twin.:buck:

Now, THIS is an airplane!!!:p

And I give you with this...

Piper Aztec... 60 gallon internal polyethylene tank + Micronair rotary atomizers + precision guidance system = one bad ass mosquito killing machine!

1399-n76sr-jackson-hole-wyoming.jpg

Bonus points: Can anyone name the airport?

For those that think Bellanca is a new company and only make Citabrias and Decathlons...

The Bellanca Airbus/Aircruiser.

One of the most efficient airplanes ever built.

15 passengers or 2 tons of cargo at 145-155 mph. Outperformed similar class aircraft (namely the Tri-motor)