XJT stock price

The thing with buying BK stocks is that after a CH.11 the prefered shares, bondholders,debt holders, employees get paid before common shares. And in most Ch.11 cases they get wiped out. Even if they survive after re-emergence from BK (if they even do) the company ususally issues BRAND NEW shares rendering old ones worthless..

There are exceptions especially when assets exceed liabilities the company may throw the shareholders a bone, which in the case of Calpine, Bally's, and Mirant have. Their old shares were converted to X ammount of new one and they were given warrents (or options in the new company. Also if an EQUITY COMMITTEE is formed by shareholders it is a good sign. with the exception of Enron and Worlcom of course.

Now in CH. 7 which is a complete liquidation of a ocmpany almost always sharheolders may recieve something if there is something left.

I am certainly not sitting here waiting for my money to come back that is for sure.

The SEC would take a very dim view of a company's management purchasing ownership (partial or full) in a company right after the stock dropped so much especially if the same management people state in PR that the company is healthy or that the price change is a temporary correction, etc.

Otherwise you could have a companies management drive a company (temporarily) into the ground, buy a great amount of shares and then stop being incompetent and allow the price to raise again.

If I was an XJT shareholder I'd be pretty pissed that management rejected a $3.50/share buyout but then turned around and bought my shares at $0.50. I'd be so pissed in fact, I'd sue. Imagine if you owned a million shares, that's a lot of cashola down the drain just because management wanted to protect an ego.

Like was mentioned, I think they were trying to protect the COMPANY, not their egos. As for shareholders being pissed management bought their shares for so low, simple solution. Don't sell for $.50. If you sold your shares for that low of a price, I think you kinda waive your rights to sue. Now, if they FORCE you to sell by some kinda legal means that I can't even think of right now, then you might have a case. But if you sell the shares voluntarily, suing is pretty silly.

Sure, you can sue for anything. What's the current status on this one? Did the retirement fund company win the suit, lose it or is it currently so tied up in red tape that nothing will ever come of it?

If the shareholders don't like how a company is run, they can oust the management. It's a whole lot more effective IMO that saying "You didn't make me any money! I'll sue!"

Wonder if I can sue Starbucks b/c my stock is dropping.....

The CAL buyback of xjt rumor is bb fodder, not much else.

It would look fishy because:

CAL spun off and IPO'd xjet in 2002 for ~$15/share, then sold all their shares, put xjt in bidding war for CAL's business that XJT was destined to lose, caused XJT stock to tank, then turned around and bought that same company back 7 years later for $0.50/share? I don't know if that's legal, but it doesn't seem like it should be.

BUY BUY BUY BUY thats all I can Say. Buy this stock while its on sale. When stock decline like this its a terrific sale price.

The courts do something which is called the "market share test". if the market share is considerede to be 70 percent or more then ti is considered monopoloy power
:confused:
"Courts" dont go around trust bustin'. If the FTC regulators approve a deal it is a done deal. Competition and market share "issues" are very broad. Look at XM and Sirius satellite radio, merging. Their competition is radio, mobile satellite tv etc. Sherman antitrust was around when there were very few airlines.
No factor here.

BUY BUY BUY BUY thats all I can Say. Buy this stock while its on sale. When stock decline like this its a terrific sale price.

Are you working for a hedge fund and trying to pump XJT's stock???? That type of stuff thousld not be aloud on here...I told you to short it, and its down 5,.45 percent today maybe more...since their issuing mroe shares= more piceces of the pie......

Seems like your the next Warren Buffet or Jim Cramer.. :sarcasm:

I'm not a stock guru or anything but why would you consider shorting XJT? It doesn't really have a lot of room to go down.

On a side note, I noticed the market value of US Air is something like $225 million. If my understanding of the markets is correct, does that mean if you had $225 million you could buy up all the stock and own the company? And they have $2+ billion in the bank (or did prior to the end of this year...haha). Anyway why not buy the company, take it private, take your money back out and some, and then sell it's assets off piece by piece?

down 5.45 percent today.....a stock over 0 can take as many haircuts as it can take ok 50% of .50 cents is 25 cents, 50 percent of that is 12.5, 50 percent of that 7.25 50 percetn of that is 3.12 etc..... some BK stocks trade in MICROPENNIES, so shorting especially at thi stype of market is prob the best option...as there is NO definite bottom yet.

The CAL buyback of xjt rumor is bb fodder, not much else.

It would look fishy because:

CAL spun off and IPO'd xjet in 2002 for ~$15/share, then sold all their shares, put xjt in bidding war for CAL's business that XJT was destined to lose, caused XJT stock to tank, then turned around and bought that same company back 7 years later for $0.50/share? I don't know if that's legal, but it doesn't seem like it should be.

Works for NWA.....

"How low can that go until something happens?" What do you mean????????....All the stock price is saying what the market thinks of it.... if you watch day-to -day patterns if at the end of the day it goes down or up drastically it means probably some news leaked out. and think about it in order for this to go back up to $1.00 a share you need a 90% gain...that must be one heck of a news..PR. And with todays trends, same with shareholders they are looking for under-bidding not paying at book value. Example: Countrywide with a BV of 27 a share, Bear Stearns with a BV of 60+ a share...

Well the rule is Since they are listed on an exchange for example NASDAQ, NYSE (their on NYSE) They have to maintain a value of over $1.00 a share (common) for 30 trading days or they get de-listed. And when that happens expect her to take a huge dump (price) As a large number of hedge funds and insitutions cannot hold shares on OTC (Over the counter markets). So expect a sell-off.

Now as I predictd in the past Skywest came out with a bid then it rose to over 100% to 3+ a share, now back to 55 cents... If you had a margin account with Fiedelty, Scottrade, or Etrade you may WANT TO LOOK INTO SHORTING THIS STOCK....(im no there to offer investment advice and it is your money your are liabile for your investment desicions). Another tip is too look at the Short Interest of XJT if its over 20% it means it may continue to go down and the sentiment is for them not to cover.

Sometimes the market tends to overreact to things, now if you had a keen eye and a good sense of DD (due DiligencE) you can identify them and make bank and beat the market.

so far does not seem they will enter a Chapter 11 re-org.....If they do furlough they are doing it to cut costs and may help maintain sharheolder value by reducing expenses.

My stock advice is as follows:

Do not take stock advice from someone who can not spell.

See ya!

Back