Who's hiring?

DE727UPS

I have a friend coming up on 1000 PIC turbine, 2000 total. Citations part 91. He's 26, getting his ATP-CTP, and skipping the regionals (maybe street Capt for 121 time?) I told him to blast resumes everywhere. He has a good job he's content with but has seen peers go to DL and AS with similar quals and wants to give 121 a try. Hopefully things haven't slowed down too much in the hiring pipeline. Or maybe this is a bad time? I was always a risk taker and moved up the food chain at the first opportunity, willing to go wherever and fly whatever, as long as it was a step up. Worked out for me but certainly I had a lot of luck. I also feel like if it doesn't work out then going back to Citations would be pretty easy. I've been out of the game a couple years and thought it would be good to get some feedback from those currently in the trenches.

I have a friend coming up on 1000 PIC turbine, 2000 total. Citations part 91. He's 26, getting his ATP-CTP, and skipping the regionals (maybe street Capt for 121 time?) I told him to blast resumes everywhere. He has a good job he's content with but has seen peers go to DL and AS with similar quals and wants to give 121 a try. Hopefully things haven't slowed down too much in the hiring pipeline. Or maybe this is a bad time? I was always a risk taker and moved up the food chain at the first opportunity, willing to go wherever and fly whatever, as long as it was a step up. Worked out for me but certainly I had a lot of luck. I also feel like if it doesn't work out then going back to Citations would be pretty easy. I've been out of the game a couple years and thought it would be good to get some feedback from those currently in the trenches.
I know a couple of our guys went to Alaska and Southwest in the last couple months.

Alaska is starting throttling back on hiring over the summer so that they can transition all of the remaining Bus pilots to the 737. I don’t know if they are still interviewing and placing applicants in a pool still.

Alaska is starting throttling back on hiring over the summer so that they can transition all of the remaining Bus pilots to the 737. I don’t know if they are still interviewing and placing applicants in a pool still.
As of the trade show a couple weeks ago they are still offering interviews/pool spots 6ish months out but have pretty much met their hiring needs for the year

As of the trade show a couple weeks ago they are still offering interviews/pool spots 6ish months out but have pretty much met their hiring needs for the year
I bet that pool gets drained quicker than they think as other airlines continue to hire.

Back