What's next??!?!

I took the AT SAT last week and received my test score this afternoon. I passed with a "well qualified" score but now I am asking myself, "what next?" I keep hearing stories about candidates being sent to OKC pretty quick due to the lack of controllers out in the field. I am pretty excited but I want to know what I might be facing in a very short time frame. Any comments???

Sunburn

Points you toward the Air Traffic Control Section. You will get better response there, but you will be in for a good wait. Then your referral list, then more of a wait, then maybe a PEPC invite, and then hopefully a class date about a year down the road.

utamav

I took the AT SAT last week and received my test score this afternoon. I passed with a "well qualified" score but now I am asking myself, "what next?" I keep hearing stories about candidates being sent to OKC pretty quick due to the lack of controllers out in the field. I am pretty excited but I want to know what I might be facing in a very short time frame. Any comments???

Welcome Singlemom! Cute kids. If you surf the entire forum community here, you will find tons of answers to your questions. Waiting is a game that we all must play!

David

Guire

Some people here place landmark dates such as the test and first OKC day in their signatures. The average, as far as I can tell and I could be wrong, from test day to first OKC day, seems to be 8 months or so.

Ammolite

Congrats on your score.

If you're a part of PUBNAT4, then you have an entire announcement that needs to wrap up before you. I took my test in the beginning of August, and still have not received my geo. preference e-mail, which PUBNATs1+2 received between 2-3 wks after their tests. After I finally get it, I'll need to wait around 5-6 weeks to hear the final word.

Long story short, don't expect your geo. preference e-mail (the next step after taking your ATSAT) to come anytime soon. And once it does, you'll still have 6-8+ wks before a PEPC, and who knows when for OKC. Whenever they feel like fitting you in...

P.S. Beautiful children!

From my experience it's a fly by the seat of your pants process you hear nothing for weeks maybe months then all of a sudden its a rush to get everything in.

I consider myself lucky being one of those who got in after 8 mos., but then again they called me a week and a half before I had to leave (again fly by the seat of your pants). Here's my timeline:

Feb 08: Applied
April 08: AT-SAT (100)
June 08: Geo Pref. e-mail and PEPC invite
July 08: NY PEPC signed up for potential OKC date August 26
August 08: Told that all OKC Terminal class scheduling had been suspended for non-"hard to staff facilities"
September 08: Recieved class date 1 1/2 wks before start date.
Dec 23, 2008: graduate the OKC Academy :panic: