Video of pilot taking down unruly passenger July 21...

Avgirl

LEXINGTON, KY.

FYI - This was a PSA Airlines Flight operating as an AA flight.

Newly released video, obtained by the Lexington Herald-Leader, shows a Lexington man being subdued by a pilot after a confrontation with the flight crew of an American Airlines flight to Charlotte.

https://social.newsinc.com/media/js...deoPlayer/16x9&widgetId=2&trackingGroup=69017

Lexington native Brian Colón, 23, shot the video on the July 21 flight that ended in the arrest of Michael Kerr, who worked as a cook at Portofino until he was fired last week.

In the video, Kerr threatened to break the pilot’s jaw and pushed the flight attendant to the floor, prompting the pilot to take Kerr to the floor, saying: “You don’t put your hands on my flight attendant!”

Colón, who also is a flight attendant for Norwegian Airlines, said that he has never seen anything like this incident.

“I was scared. I was very scared. I felt like the flight attendant’s life was in danger, and I felt like someone else needed to step in, the way he treated her,” Colón said.

“We landed and were taxiing, and waiting for the jet bridge to arrive at the exit door and the man started screaming, ‘let’s go, go’,” Colón said. A flight attendant asked Kerr to sit down, but he refused and followed her into the forward galley.

After the plane came to a complete stop, the captain came out of the cockpit and asked Kerr again to sit down, but he shoved the flight attendant and attempted to get out. The door of the plane was open, but the jet bridge wasn’t in place yet, Colón said.

Kerr shoved the flight attendant, Colón said, “and that’s when the captain just jumped him.”

Colón said that it took about 15 to 20 minutes for the police to arrive. “They had to hold him, solid, for like 15 minutes. They kept apologizing the whole time to the passengers. And the guy kept fighting back,” he said.

While he was held down on the floor of the plane, Kerr loudly told the pilot, “Whatever you do is going on Facebook, and you’re a ... complete ... loser. You heard me right the first time.”

Kerr allegedly drank three Jack Daniel’s on the plane before he got combative with the flight crew. According to an FBI affidavit, he threatened, shoved, kicked and spat at flight attendants before he was subdued by a pilot and hauled off the plane by police officers.

Kerr, 25, faces charges of being intoxicated and disruptive, assault on a female, communicating threats and interfering with a flight crew or attendant, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Kerr was arraigned in federal court Monday and released on $20,000 bond.

The Charlotte Observer reported Monday that Kerr is now banned from flying on commercial airlines and is barred from contacting the flight attendant, who has been undergoing physical therapy for her injuries.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article93052222.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
A well deserved ass kicking.

This moron couldn't wait a few minutes for a jetway to be connected?

The best is him calling the Capt a complete loser. No Mr Kerr, you're the loser who just got taken down and hauled off.

It was pretty crazy that the guy was that stupid, but kudos to that PSA Captain. Had to be kind of fun to do?

Why not let him off and let the cops handle it? I'm only 5'2" though.

That's an option, however he's already assaulted one person and threatened assault on another, which based on the fact he's already done it, it's safe to assume its about to happen again in a few seconds or less. May as well head him off at the pass, by handing him his ass.

I would have to the FA not to get physical. Do your best to block the door. But whatever you do, don't put your hands on him.

I would think that the FA is going to probably lose her job for over serving this guy, and the ensuing events. The pilot will probably have some explaining to do, have to sit through a few meetings with a union and their attorney, but will probably be okay.

There are no winners in a situation like this.

I would have to the FA not to get physical. Do your best to block the door. But whatever you do, don't put your hands on him.

I would think that the FA is going to probably lose her job for over serving this guy, and the ensuing events. The pilot will probably have some explaining to do, have to sit through a few meetings with a union and their attorney, but will probably be okay.

There are no winners in a situation like this.

What does the company flight attendant manuals, SOP's, and training say about serving people alcohol? If you can cite this, then you can say that the FA is going to get in trouble. If you can not, then you are just guessing and making unfounded accusations.

"Colón said that it took about 15 to 20 minutes for the police to arrive"

That's some bull*

Maybe, maybe not. I called for PD once during boarding at SDF because two passengers were fighting ( probably over @JordanD) and it took them 12 minutes to arrive. I've also waited 13 minutes for medics in Charlotte when a passenger was having a heart attack. It happens.

Why not let him off and let the cops handle it? I'm only 5'2" though.
Because he already assaulted one of your crew members, refused to follow your commands to sit down and behave, was intoxicated and stupid, the chance of him assaulting another pax or crew member was likely and you can bet your ass that if he had charged the open door and fallen to the ground, he'd be suing the piss out of the carrier. That guy was a complete horse's ass.

Doesn't matter what size you are, you can learn to take down someone of any size, it's a matter of balance, shifting your weight, and what body parts to use in coordination to neutralize some moron and what moves to execute for each situation. A good self defense course is something everyone should take, not only to protect yourself, but others around you and to also learn some simple defensive moves. Not everyone can be reasoned with and running away is not always an option either.

Kudos to the Captain. Good man. He protected his crew and the other pax. The drunken idiot was not hurt. Win win.

Last edited:
Back